62 accelerator pedal question

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Can someone recommend a pedal that will stay put? If I look crosseyed at the one I bought from Hubbards, it pops off the studs. And no I didn't lube the studs and yes I cleaned them well before hand.
Thanks Brodie

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Can someone recommend a pedal that will stay put? If I look crosseyed at the one I bought from Hubbards, it pops off the studs. And no I didn't lube the studs and yes I cleaned them well before hand.
Thanks Brodie
Hey Brodie,

Call Hubbard’s they might have a solution or maybe they can send you another, maybe that one is just defective. I had a problem with a weatherstrip and they sent me another free of charge!! Great company can’t say enough!

Junky

Well Known Member
My original did the same, until I took my dead blow hammer (soft faced) and gave it a few whacks. It hasn't fallen off since. I would look for a used pedal.
You can buy a new rubber one from Inline Tube on eBay for $13.85 with free shipping. ebay auction

Junky

Well Known Member
I looked up that washer (120392) in my GM English & Metric Standard Parts catalog, and it gave the size as 9/32" hole size, 5/8" OD and 1/16" thickness. Now, before you run down to your local GM dealership, keep in mind that there are 500 in the package!

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Me thinks your balls are too small.
Yes Phil, I have suffered from that all my life.
Cecil, my 62 has the long studs.
Unless someone can offer up a sure fire solution, I am going to call Dynacorn and ask about their pedal. I have had good luck with their stuff, but they want $ 45.00 for the thing! Must be a he-man part.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Try trimming some carpet around the balls so the pedal sits down farther.