62 and 64 front bumper differences

heddrik

Well Known Member
I have a front bumper , but not sure if it's a 62 or a 64. Same with the rear. Does anyone have side by side pictures showing the difference, because I can't tell, esp the front , they look the same. Thank you for clearing up what my tired old brain has forgotten.

heddrik

Well Known Member
Its either a 62 or 64 I know that for sure. Are you talking about front, rear or both? Thanks for the help. So a 64 has holes for parking lights, a 62 doesn't , correct? Again, front rear or both. Thank you so much. Did they make 1 piece bumpers in 64??

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Its either a 62 or 64 I know that for sure. Are you talking about front, rear or both? Thanks for the help. So a 64 has holes for parking lights, a 62 doesn't , correct? Again, front rear or both. Thank you so much. Did they make 1 piece bumpers in 64??

no one piece bumpers in 63 & 64.
1962 was the last year for one piece bumpers from GM

heddrik

Well Known Member
OK, I get the front, but the rear I can't tell from the pictures. Thank you all for the information.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
64_imp_gry_ham_b.jpg

1962-Chevrolet-Impala-Rear-Bumper.jpg

Last edited:

heddrik

Well Known Member
Thank you 64ss409, if I had a 64 picture just like that I'd be good. Having a problem telling the rears apart. The basic shape is the same, the small details elude my old brain.

heddrik

Well Known Member
I figured it out now, just have to go to storage and see what I have. 62 rear has short aluminum middle insert and longer ends than a 64. thanks so much for everyone's help.