62 belair ciadella seat cover pics

409 lever

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
thanks for the props. the door panels were a pretty simple project. layed out the outside profile on a sheet of .050 3003 h14 aluminum, bent the top radius with a series of slight bends 1/8'' apart then I took a DA sander with 180grit and blended the brakes into a smooth radius. used my original stainless trim pieces, cleaned up the factory medalions and gave them a fresh paintjob, used some chrome pinstripe tape for the vertical chrome. I could not find any 1/8'' so I had to cut 1/2'' down to 1/8'' wide took a couple of different trys to come up with a system to get a nice straight cut.
paint is automotive base without clear so it has a nice satin finish.
piece of cake... right?

409 lever

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
yea I probably will keep them for a while, door panels are something like $700.00.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
yea I probably will keep them for a while, door panels are something like $700.00.
61 Bel Air panels are a good bit more than that. I guess we shouldn't complain....I remember when you couldn't get Bel Air or Biscayne panels for either year.

409 lever

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
are 61 door panels anything like 62's? any pics? I might bang out a couple of sets if there is any interest.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
As far as size & shape, the two door sedans would be identical to yours. Two door hardtops would be slightly different. Design and trim is also different, but I have the chrome trim......just having the bare panels to paint and finish would be good. Other interior colors are two toned similar to 62's, but my red panels would be all the same shade. The 3 horizontal lines would be simple with pin striping. B61089.jpg bdc8df1fef2d16be17176939d288ba94.jpg 61belair4dr.jpg

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
thanks for the props. the door panels were a pretty simple project. layed out the outside profile on a sheet of .050 3003 h14 aluminum, bent the top radius with a series of slight bends 1/8'' apart then I took a DA sander with 180grit and blended the brakes into a smooth radius. used my original stainless trim pieces, cleaned up the factory medalions and gave them a fresh paintjob, used some chrome pinstripe tape for the vertical chrome. I could not find any 1/8'' so I had to cut 1/2'' down to 1/8'' wide took a couple of different trys to come up with a system to get a nice straight cut.
paint is automotive base without clear so it has a nice satin finish.
piece of cake... right?

Those door panels look great but one suggestion, you might shoot them with a low gloss or satin clear, base coat isn't going to hold up long without a clear over it.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
There are many option's on those panel's . You could cover in your material choice and glue to aluminum panel and install all the trim .