62 biscayne 409 project

JW5134866

Well Known Member
Great work James, I just got home tonite from Ohio as I was on aluminum furnace rebuild- nice job but glad it’s done now. Tooth - I just sold my 62 wagon and 62 4 dr Belair to guy in California- those guys are goin nuts on 58-64 cars, especially 61 and 62’s, I’ll post pics of my 61 as my buddy just got done w/ exhaust today , I’m going to get it tomorrow or Monday depending on weather, I got a 62 and 63 4 dr I might sell. I’ll post pics of them .

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Really like this 62, white and aqua. Floor pan install looks mint:good Very nice. If the guys on this board twist my arm enough I might sell a 63 post or two...God knows I should. It's so hard to let go though.:cryblow
4705766B-9E1C-4E82-B261-3FBF1DC975FC.jpeg

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
That far one was once as pretty as the 'Home Wrecker', palomar red on red, and thru a series of terrible owners (not excluding myself) it looks like that now:yuck:yuck Psycho barn cat murdered a rabbit in the trunk. Found that a couple weeks ago. Price will be adjusted accordingly for that. Gotta put that 1/4 window in it:crazy

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That far one was once as pretty as the 'Home Wrecker', palomar red on red, and thru a series of terrible owners (not excluding myself) it looks like that now:yuck:yuck Psycho barn cat murdered a rabbit in the trunk. Found that a couple weeks ago. Price will be adjusted accordingly for that. Gotta put that 1/4 window in it:crazy
Boy oh Boy, thats a collection and very tempting. I think if I came home with another car I would be in deep do do, I just brought home a 62 BelAir last summer and have it over at a buddies garage as I am OUT of ROOM, Lol. I like the way you stayed consistent with picking up that many post cars!

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Boy oh Boy, thats a collection and very tempting. I think if I came home with another car I would be in deep do do, I just brought home a 62 BelAir last summer and have it over at a buddies garage as I am OUT of ROOM, Lol. I like the way you stayed consistent with picking up that many post cars!

Cool:good:good Least I'm not the only one. Isn't it crazy how these things can accumulate?? I know of TWO MORE 63 post cars, one a Biscayne the other a Bel Air, near me that could be had, but gosh dang it where does it stop??? This is the Biscayne, no pics of the Bel Air. Poor thing is really rough even by my standards. Six banger/3-speed, and a trunk full of batteries for you know what.:doh:doh:rolleyes Roberts was a lowrider shop in Denver in the 90's, this is bout all thats left of that legacy.
1692049A-D243-426B-B7E2-4674049134AD.jpeg

FE2DDFDF-3404-479A-9A9C-66A6426B0533.jpeg

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Shifter plate and boot in place, Hurst shifter and the original style replacement handle sure pushes the boot out of shape. I did put a washer on the handle to support the round shape of the boot, it helped a little.
20210217_165307.jpg
20210217_165335.jpg
20210217_165436.jpg
There is no way for the boot to set natural on the shifter.
20210217_165509.jpg
20210217_162228.jpg
20210217_162200.jpg
How has the one fit that any of you guys have done?

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Shifter plate and boot in place, Hurst shifter and the original style replacement handle sure pushes the boot out of shape. I did put a washer on the handle to support the round shape of the boot, it helped a little.
View attachment 91589
View attachment 91590
View attachment 91591
There is no way for the boot to set natural on the shifter.
View attachment 91592
View attachment 91593
View attachment 91595
How has the one fit that any of you guys have done?

It looks as though there’s enough room to elevate your top bolt hole, utilizing the top now...... as the bottom reshape the bottom of the shifter looks like you’d gain probably about an inch to an inch and a half of clearance.......Obviously your shifter handle protrudes a lot more through the floor....... I do like the non-stressed version, that Kevins represents........ more aesthetically pleasing...... or possibly reshape the panel raising it up a little I’m sure you can with the carpet

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Shifter handle needs to go down , it is now stretching boot . If the bolt holes can be slotted to let handle slide down as much as possible it would reduce the stretching of the boot. Might have to trim bottom end of handle so it dont bottom out hitting shift mechanism.

Last edited: