62 Black Impala 409 on BaT

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1...e=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-07-15

1962 Chevrolet Impala Coupe 409 4-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - ending July 21 (Lot #34,152) | Bring a Trailer

This 1962 Chevrolet Impala coupe reportedly underwent a refurbishment in 2005 and was acquired by the seller in 2011. Finished in Tuxedo Black with a red side stripe over a red vinyl interior, the car is powered by a 409ci Turbo-Fire V8 equipped with dual carburetors and paired with a four-speed manual transmission and a 4:10 Positraction rear differential.
bringatrailer.com

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
A friend of mine from high school (he was the Quarterback, I was a Wide Receiver) had a similar Impala, Black over Red with SS trim, but it was a 327 300 horse four speed car (big difference). He had those chrome wheels with chrome caps, I think that was a 1963 thing. I remember that rumble like it was yesterday. This was circa 1968 :).

Cheers! TomK

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
That is a nice very clean and well put together car. I was surprised the bids weren't higher. Wonder what his reserve was?