62 bubble top/409

John Autry

Well Known Member
Thanks for the compliments, we fixed our oil leak with the help Jack Gibbs. He advised us it was the timing chain cover not the plan. Changed the cover and no more leaks. Got the brakes bled today hope to test drive in a few days.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Nice color, it does pop in the pictures, is it any where's near the original color red? what is Lizard skin?...
:crazy

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Do you have it , on the rocks, or with something.? They're letting a lot of things happen now days, heck, you might even be able to smoke it..,
in Colorado...
:idea

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
didn't I just read that you had your 409 rebuilt?.
:think
We are about to have ours done, and can't decide which way to go, the more I learn
the worse it gets. lOl......

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
didn't I just read that you had your 409 rebuilt?.
:think
We are about to have ours done, and can't decide which way to go, the more I learn
the worse it gets. lOl......
I don't want to hijack Johns thread here but what you need to decide is what you want to use the car for and then build the engine for that.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the compliments, we fixed our oil leak with the help Jack Gibbs. He advised us it was the timing chain cover not the plan. Changed the cover and no more leaks. Got the brakes bled today hope to test drive in a few days.
John, Please post some more pic of your project as its in a much more completed stage now and I am sure there are many more here that would love to drool over it...
smiley-face-drool.gif

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
My apology's John for stepping in on your post, I get carried away. Your car is sooooo... cooool... It gives me inspiration
to carry on, and yes we do love the pictures.....

:doh

John Autry

Well Known Member
Sorry my computer as been down the last few days. Lizard Skin is a two part product that is sprayed on as a ceramic insulator and sound deadner

John Autry

Well Known Member
In response to CASHguzzler the color is viper red and I don't think it is as dark a red as the Roman Red that was used in 62

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks for the update, what a beautiful car that's going to be, Im excited for you. I'll have to ck in on the Lizzard thing, that is a funny name.
Your viper color is that a color that Dodge used?. Great looking car, wow... hope to see you at the Sept Meet.
:cheers

John Autry

Well Known Member
I think it gets its name because it is textured like a lizard's skin. Yes the color is from Dodge and is used on their Vipers. We plan on being there, please keep posted with any updates.