62 c 10 disk brakes conversion.

ss63

I have a 62 chevy truck with all drum brakes and want to convert to disk brakes. Is there any cars that i can use as a donor car Does anybody know if a 89 iroc camaro can be used as a donor

rh4414

I don't know of any direct replacements for the front spindles. The question might be asked on the Stove bolt forum. I have a 61 that I changed the front cross member from a 79 1/2 ton, I bolted it in not a graft. It sure was a lot of work but I got the disc brakes and the update of handling that I was looking for. All the pictures I took during the modification were prior to digital. My skills are limited on converting the pictures in my album but I might be able to assist you verbally if that's the way you want to go.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Your best bet is to find a 73-87 C10 donor truck. You can literally unbolt the front crossmember and bolt it in your truck. You can also use the power steering box as well as the master cylinder and brake lines. You will have to buy or fab your own adapter plate to mount the steering box. I just made spacers mounted it up then welded the spacers to the frame.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a 62 chevy truck with all drum brakes and want to convert to disk brakes. Is there any cars that i can use as a donor car Does anybody know if a 89 iroc camaro can be used as a donor

Here is a thread I did on 67-72 Chevy trucks. One thing I want to make clear is 1960-1962 Chevy trucks used a torsion bar front suspension and would have to be swapped out to the 73-87 front suspension prior to doing what I researched in the link below. Good Luck Dan

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=319487