62 HT question

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the headliner sail panels without removing the rear seat and side window panels?
I'm hoping for one shortcut on this beast.

Thanks

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Are your sail panels original? If they are original the top edge with the rib is held on with push in clips ( probably 3 of them). The bottom edge of each sail panel is held in place with a curved painted pieces that are pushed down onto the package tray. The original sail panels might have been stapled to the body using cardboard strips attached to the metal body.
Reproduction sail panels cardboard do not have the slots for the upper push in clips.
I have to add the slots to my reproduction sail panels.

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Are your sail panels original? If they are original the top edge with the rib is held on with push in clips ( probably 3 of them). The bottom edge of each sail panel is held in place with a curved painted pieces that are pushed down onto the package tray. The original sail panels might have been stapled to the body using cardboard strips attached to the metal body.
Reproduction sail panels cardboard do not have the slots for the upper push in clips.
I have to add the slots to my reproduction sail panels.
Paul,
I don't know if the panels are original. The headliner itself looks to have been replaced. The covering on the sail panels is puckered and lumpy like the glue failed.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have a leak in mine so have replace only the sail panels and will probably remove the upper and lower rear seats, since the reinstall will require getting the bottom edge of of the sail panels under the trim on the package tray. I bought new cardboard and new star pattern sail panel material for the fix from Cars Inc in Michigan
Try using a wide scraper to the top rib ( to pry ) on yours to see if will pop loose assuming it has the push in studs