'62 Impala gets a new powerplant

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
nope, you know that phrase "I had good intentions"...life seems to get in the way...tranny was in within 1 hour of me putting the convertor back in...it goes into gear and doesn't stall but the carb is still not close to right...fuel still dumps out of the primary throttle shaft on the passengers side...you guys won't believe my last 2 weeks, I just can't make this stuff up...the tree guy who was clearing the BIG stuff over the house cut his hand off while i'm under him with my 28' scissor lift...I had to scramble up another 10', toss him over my shoulder and get him 40' back to the ground...got him stable, wrapped and compressed the hand, and held him for 30 minutes until the medics arrived...sunday a guy walks out in front of me pointing his rifle at my face, he tells me it's his road and if I make any noise with my elky he'd shoot me...when he poked the rifle into the passenger window I went of, adrenaline flowing like fire I rounded the car and hit him with a right hook, a left hook, and then a beatdown when he hit the ground...monday I awake heaving, ended up in the ER for 7 hours...life is not boring in these neck of the woods...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
yeah, I lead a very active life...my body isn't happy so every summer before I head up to the cabin...I get deathly ill for 8 hours and then 24 to recuperate...I've had over 100 staples in my belly in the last 7 years so I'm trying to reinvent my life so I can do things instead of sitting on the porch as directed...when I return from the summer I have 2 procedures scheduled so I push to get stuff done...I had to lay off playing with my cars for 33 years because I couldn't get up off the creeper...bwahahahaha...when life hands you lemons you don't make lemonade, you build a lemonade stand, sell lemonade, and but more 409 parts with the proceedes...;)

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
yeah, I lead a very active life...my body isn't happy so every summer before I head up to the cabin...I get deathly ill for 8 hours and then 24 to recuperate...I've had over 100 staples in my belly in the last 7 years so I'm trying to reinvent my life so I can do things instead of sitting on the porch as directed...when I return from the summer I have 2 procedures scheduled so I push to get stuff done...I had to lay off playing with my cars for 33 years because I couldn't get up off the creeper...bwahahahaha...when life hands you lemons you don't make lemonade, you build a lemonade stand, sell lemonade, and but more 409 parts with the proceedes...;)

I thought that when life hands you lemons ........ you make lemonade ...........then you go find somebody that has the vodka........ and then you drink

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Holy crap, I thought I had some things go South lately!!!

How is the guy with the detached hand doing?

If that guy with the rifle is your next door neighbor, I hope you're far enough away from him so you never run into him again. Or maybe you'll run OVER him, that might be the ticket :).

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have to drive by his house 2 times a day at the very least...I believe that beat down changed his mind about pointing guns...I was taught only to pull a gun if you're gonna use it...NEVER take it out as a threat...kelly had his hand reattached but only time will tell what use he'll have with it...he's a tough old coot...

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Sounds like you live in a lively neighborhood 59 it also sounds like there needs to be a movie or a series made about your street. I hope your tree guy gets to keep his hand and your neighbor ought to thank his lucky stars you didn't have him arrested for assault and its people like him that gives law abiding gun owners a bad name.

Mark

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
heya fellas, been a hot minute over here...my buddy with the hand issues is recovering slowly, thumb and 2 fingers have feeling but the middle and index fingers seem to be toast...don't know if you guys remember the issues I had with the 327 in the impala, I've been chasing a glitch for months on and off, mostly off...must have seem 20 posts as to what everyone thought may have caused the issue...I'll know once I drop the distributor back in...the vacuum advance module leaked like a screen door and the plastic fitting for the power brake booster did the same...I had to tear the distributor shaft down to install the new modulator so I'm betting it'll fire right up and run as good as she looks...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
after all these months trying to trouble shoot my impala I finally found the gremlin...a corroded pin connector in the engine harness that plugs into the firewall...after all the attention I've given this car I'm finally able to take it out knowing I have a better than 50/50 of making it home...sure was a hell of a lot of work, most of it being redundant but she drives like a dream...burned a half tank of gas cruisin yesterday...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
well, the pin connector within the harness for the igniting to starter failed me once again, does anyone know if and where I can purchase both the male and female pin connector terminals within the bulkhead fitting...thanks in advance