'62 Impala gets a new powerplant

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
That's in Phil's neighborhood (KC) and we're only about 2 hours away.

Keep an eye on it (8 days left) and remember it's a "no reserve" auction, so be there at the end if you're interested :).

Maybe one of us can take a look for you if it's still in your range in a few days?

Cheers! TomK

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
that's what I was kinda thinking tom, if the car is affordable towards the end of the week I may see if phil is available and ask him real nice like...the car seems unmolested...I asked the seller if it was indeed the original paint and he proudly told me it was ALL factory but tires and battery...I don't think the blue heater hose is oem...:brow

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
no I haven't phil, I was gonna wait until it got either affordable or unaffordable towards the end of the week...he did confirm it's original paint so it's clean, or should be...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I just checked my mail and he
s good with 22k, got time to check it out before the auction tops that mark...:bow

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've got a question for you tuner guys...my 300/327 stumbles and stalls when I give it gas coming off idle...I rebuilt the carb and reset the floats and it still does it...gas looks like it's just dumping down the secondaries when I give it gas...runs fine and drives great once it's past idle but I can't get it rolling before it floods...another bother seems to be the torque converter...it seems to lock up right off idle, about 800rpm...any thoughts on what is going on...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
it's a carter 3217, the accelerator pump seems fine...took it apart, cleaned it up, adjusted the floats, and it still stumbles and stalls...starts up fine when I hit the key but it doesn't like to move at the light...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've not tried it without the vacuum advance but will, yes I installed the springs and yes I see gas squirt out of the pump...I tested the vacuum when I got the car and it was on the low side, mebbe 14 in., sounds like I may need to fog the carb area with carb cleaner to see if it changes the idle...it's always the little stuff that frustrates me...:wacko

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
la, you're the second guy that mentioned that to me today...good idea...the carb leaks fuel onto the manifold when I hit the gas on the back passenger side for some reason...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
russ, I can hear the nozzles squirting when I hit the throttle...I just went out and looked and now recall the gas was pouring out out what appears to be the rear throttle shaft on the passengers side as soon as it floods...don, I have a powerslide tranny...it's rob, sorry I thought you knew...