`62 Impala ride hieght

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
OK,,,can`t take much more of this poking fun at the ride hieght !! heeee heee
Anyone willing to measure the stock hieght of their Impala?
Also let me know where you took your refference points ,,,,,
After I have these figures I`ll go from there and at least know where to start.
I would like it a tad lower in the front when done,,,,dq

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Lets see, the right height should be front bumper 4 inches off pavement and rear bumper 6 inches off pavement.:D Roy

bobs409

Administrator
Not sure but the assembly or shop manual might give specific measurements like that. An alignment shop probably could too. (if you can find any that remember what a '62 Chevy is) :p

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Ladder Rack

Yeah, I gotta agree. ;) Having to carry a ladder just to get into the trunk is a pain. ;) The worst part is the ladder rack on top of the roof. Very distracting at the races!:p

Hee Hee (in my rasping voice - still have laryngitis - two weeks!)

:) :) :D :D

bobs409

Administrator
Ah, you guys don't know what high is. When I bought my 66 Chevelle it had stationwagon springs and a 3 1/2" lift it in the rear, and a 4" ball joint lift kit on the front. It looked like a 4X4! And it would physically raise the hair on the back of your neck to drive it. :eek: I didn't dare go over 30 mph with it. When you turned the wheels to one side or the other, one tire would lean in about 30 degrees! The other would lean out a good bit. It was a crippled Chevelle. :D

Needless to say, that was promptly removed. And it goes really, really fast now! :D