62 Impala rustoration: We're going to try and save another one

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The front long brace welds onto the inner rocker panels and it sits about 3/4" above the frame in the middle. The second brace welds to the inner rocker and the floor. The seat mounting plate welds on top of them both. Not sure if that's what you Were asking. I can take a few extra photos this week.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
First test fit for the floors went well. The full front brace just needed a little tap to get it into the correct position after trimming and reshaping the driver side front corner. After three trial fits, it should be one more time to draw all of the outlines of the braces to drill all of the plug weld holes.IMG_20200411_094558.jpgIMG_20200411_094611.jpgIMG_20200411_094636.jpg

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
First test fit for the floors went well. The full front brace just needed a little tap to get it into the correct position after trimming and reshaping the driver side front corner. After three trial fits, it should be one more time to draw all of the outlines of the braces to drill all of the plug weld holes.View attachment 80917View attachment 80918View attachment 80919

Not only is that work beyond my skill set, it is also beyond my patience level. Amazing job on bringing another Chevy back to life!
Stay safe & healthy,
John

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1