62 Impala- what holds bottom of door panels on?

I have new front door panels for a 62 Impala but no original ones to go by. The last set were screwed on the bottom with about 6 screw/washer fasteners but the owner seems to think that that is wrong. I thinkthere is supposed to be a metal angle that slides into the door and 1 screw in each corner of the door. Anybody have original door panels? Can't find the info for this anywhere. Nobody takes pics of that part of the car. Thanks for any help.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I looked at the thread that Bob made mention of, and the screws in the bottom set that are fully threaded, are the ones that hold the bottom of the door panels on my '62. I'm assuming that they are original. I would think that you would want a fully threaded screw in this location, Carmine.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have new front door panels for a 62 Impala but no original ones to go by. The last set were screwed on the bottom with about 6 screw/washer fasteners but the owner seems to think that that is wrong. I thinkthere is supposed to be a metal angle that slides into the door and 1 screw in each corner of the door. Anybody have original door panels? Can't find the info for this anywhere. Nobody takes pics of that part of the car. Thanks for any help.
Here is a pic of my 61 Bel-Air. There are 4-screws that attach the bottom of the door panel. These screws have a small cup washer under the head of the screw just about the same size as the head of the screw.

Driver Door panel Installed.jpg

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
409Project manager, do you have the 62 assembly manual? And 61 shop manual and 62 shop manual supplement?

Don