62 left fender trim

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Guys.
My nephew Cory is looking for a good piece of 62 left front fender trim.
Also interested in a trunk lid for a Belair 62 20171118_175420.jpg
Steve.

blkblk63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Nephew has two lids for bel air. One has a little key hole repair needed and other needs the key hole panel replaced ,tore up. Shipping would probably scare you.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Don,
Yep that is an issue alright as it would have to go to LA
But it may be worth investigating
We never got 2 door Belairs here or impalas for that matter
Our impalas for those years were effectively Belairs with some odd trim on them built in Canada
Pontiac RHD dash same for 61-62-63-64
I think the trunk lid for a 2 door post is a different size to a four door (i might be wrong)
I may have to ask Lynette, she will let me know if im wrong:D

Steve

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Also the holes on the tail light housings are smaller for the bel air , because the wiring that hold the bulbs has a smaller metal insert that goes into the tail light housing. The impala has the larger black plastic bulb insert holder. Check your wiring to make sure you have the correct tail light housings to match the inserts on the wires you will be using . Yes, all of the trunk lids are the same size for 62's....

blkblk63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I thought they would be same other than tail light holes .These lids are off a 2 dr sedan bel air as he went to a impala lid purchased from Paul on this forum.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Cory has a 2 door sedan belair that has an impala lid but he wants it to be back to belair

I find it weird that in 60 there were different trunk lid lengths and in 65 the same there were different lengths
What other years were different lengths?

Steve

62BillT

Well Known Member
I actually have a pretty nice '62 Bel-Air Trunk Lid, but it got hit in the back of it.

Some say it's worth fixing, but others say it isn't.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I have 62 left front aluminum fender trim and I also have nice 62 original Belair taillight aluminum housings for the trunk lid with the smaller socket holes. I probably have some nice original trunk lid wiring for a Belair trunk lid with the factory sockets for the taillight housing with the smaller socket holes.

I located a 1962 bel air trunk lid in Council Bluffs, Iowa but the lid has some light hail dents. I think it takes $ 125 to buy it.

Paul

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I see theres a real nice one on Craigs List in Seattle, its painted looks really nice, 350.00, but might be worth the price, as you wouldn't have to do any body work, just the sanding to re-color.