62 mystery tube

Gerry A

In the photo you can see a rubber vent tube on the htr/def blower motor. Anyone know who may reproduce or supply one? Mine keeps falling off. Luckily it lands on the frame and I have been able to retrieve it but I can't be lucky forever. Weatherstrip adhesive has helped but it still gets loose after a year or so. Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• DSC08021.JPG
    DSC08021.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 65

Gerry A

The stuff I used was 8011 weatherstrip adhesive. Have not tried Form-A-Gasket. I have used Right Stuff as gasket sealer and I think I still have some and may give that a try. Thanks to both of you guys.

Gerry A

The hose does not go over a tube on the motor. It is built like a grommet and slips into a hole in the side of the motor. Thanks for all the advice.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
In the photo you can see a rubber vent tube on the htr/def blower motor. Anyone know who may reproduce or supply one? Mine keeps falling off. Luckily it lands on the frame and I have been able to retrieve it but I can't be lucky forever. Weatherstrip adhesive has helped but it still gets loose after a year or so. Appreciate any help.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...7c72fe0c38/acdelco-tube/1534062/5745270?pos=0
you can try this or sometimes can find something on the HELP parts racks in the auto parts stores. 78-87 G-bodies I think used something similar. A walk through a junkyard might find you what you need. Don't be afraid to look under the hood of some of the "other" brands.

Gerry A

ragtp66: That sure appears to be the thing I am looking for. Thanks a bunch. I will head down there tomorrow and check it out or just order one and see what I get. It has the same construction as the original.
I have searched a bit in the yards but came up empty. But I was only looking at mid 60's stuff and in my neck of the woods AC was not too common back then.
Thanks again.