62 Repo Hood

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I used a dynacorn from H & H. It fit well. I made arrangements to pick it up at a Dynacorn warehouse near Pittsburgh (200 miles from me) because the truck shipping was over $600. Can't imagine what it will cost you Gav.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
We are going with reproduction fenders, inner wheel wells and hood on the convertible project. I recall the mounting tabs were off a bit on the fenders, so I took my originals back out there to match. Hood was shipped only recently, had trouble locating one, so not sure of fit as yet. Used H&H out of Bentonville AR which is just a few hours from where the vehicle is being restored.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks all,
I have found a company in LA that sells Dynacorn and to transport it within LA to the shipping company I use will still cost $125.00 to travel 56miles :yikes.
To have this landed back in NZ including freight, taxes & customs it would owe me around NZ $1500.00. Will have to speak with my panel guy to see what he now reckons he could repair it for.
Panel work for these cars down here are scarce to non existent.

Gav

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don't know the chances of selling these down under , but it may not cost a whole lot more to ship 3 or 4 instead of 1.
Surely it would be put in a wood crate. Just make the crate deeper. Or maybe other sheet metal for someone else? Might help spread the love of the shipping. You are probably paying for shipping space more so than the weight. Just a thought.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm looking for one as well only to find nada...classic says they will have them in stock around the first of the year...shipping was quoted at about $250-300 to florida...I was hoping to pick up my freshly repainted hood for my impala today but was told rust bubbles have popped up on the back side of the hood frame braces...rust never sleeps...

Sudsc61

Well Known Member
The 62’s are tough. Not many options out there. I’m looking for a cowl hood for mine and the price is high but doable. It’s the shipping that’s a killer. I’m hoping to find something at the Turkey Run and if not I’ll have to bite the bullet.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
that's where I thought I was gonna score one but living on the west coast driving both ways along with walking 20 miles has cancelled my plans...I was a regular when it was at the old airport, ahh the younger years...

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don't know the chances of selling these down under , but it may not cost a whole lot more to ship 3 or 4 instead of 1.
Surely it would be put in a wood crate. Just make the crate deeper. Or maybe other sheet metal for someone else? Might help spread the love of the shipping. You are probably paying for shipping space more so than the weight. Just a thought.
at the moment struggling to get one let a lone 3 or 4, but correct, shipping wouldn't be a lot extra.
I have been waiting now since I posted this first message, but fingers crossed that this is meant to be available within the next couple of weeks.

Gav

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I bought it earlier in the day and yes, they will be drilled and test fitted prior to prepping it...I'd be pretty pissed if II painted it and the hood didn't line up or needed additional work...the shipping is about 400 bucks but when you need one you need one...still not heard from the body shop that has the old hood that kept popping up rust pits between the hood braces and the hood surface...I've called and tried leaving messages but his phone won't take them and when I did finally speak to him he said he's call me right back...that was 2 months ago...I guess he wants that hood far more than I do...I offered to pay him but he's dodging my calls so he now owns the hood and the rust beneath the braces...