62 SS Bubbletop For Sale- recent body work

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I have totaled 3 of them back in my younger "other life" with similiar results. Got nothing for 'em and wound up with a bigger car payment:roll:roll But looking back on those incidents they were all FE motored F**d's
robert

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian, glad to here you are OK. Man..............that sure was an impact. Great news regarding your plans to rebuild her. 572 inches.................AWESOME :bow: beerbang
Carl.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I have totaled 3 of them back in my younger "other life" with similiar results. Got nothing for 'em and wound up with a bigger car payment:roll:roll But looking back on those incidents they were all FE motored F**d's
robert

Robert,
Glad you figured out what was causing it and took corrective action.:p
:roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Robert,
Glad you figured out what was causing it and took corrective action.:p
:roll

I think some aluminum round objects might had something to do with two. the third the other driver had MANY of them...of course different era(1969) As they say "you can't hurt a drunk"

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Holy crap.........

I did not know this had happened!

I hope things work out for you.

I gave away a 62 front clip a while back. I wonder if there anything left of it you could use?

budgetrod

Well Known Member
Brian sorry about your beautiful car. At least you were not seriously hurt. Recently near where I live in Ohio, we had a n idiot texting and went left of center. He took out a group of five motorcycles on theeir way to a benefit ride. The smallest injury was an amputated lower leg. Everyone involved ended up loosing limbs some both legs and last I new one wasn't expected to make it. All because some *** can't pull off to use the damn phone. Shook up my riding friends so bad they might sell there Harleys. I guess it could always be worse. Glad your o.k. and good luck with the insurance companies they are all rip offs when you need them.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Listen to your body

Brian,

Sorry for your lost efforts in building such a show quality car. She'll be back on the road once you heal and find the parts needed to get her back on the road and you will find the parts.

Listen too your body and take care of you and the your dog first. Since you had your dog riding in the 62 bubble top he/she is a family member.

Ted

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Brian: Where did your Golden Retriever sit in the car. I take mine everywhere with me in the back of the Yukon but he gets too excited IF I were to ever put him in the front. I could never take my golden with me in the 61 with the top down because I know he would see a girl dog and most certainly abandon ship and jump out:roll
robert

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian: Where did your Golden Retriever sit in the car. I take mine everywhere with me in the back of the Yukon but he gets too excited IF I were to ever put him in the front. I could never take my golden with me in the 61 with the top down because I know he would see a girl dog and most certainly abandon ship and jump out:roll
robert

Robert- He usually just lies down on the back seat, but when I slammed on the brakes, he jumped up right before we collided.:doh

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
sorry

Brian, been working out of town and just read of your bad luck, so sorry. All that work gone to s'''t. Good luck with the insurance co. Get ready for a big fight!!! I wouldn't go to Ronnie's house any more.:nono1: Good luck Buddy.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2-4s

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
HOLY CRAP!! now I understand the mashed up frontel pic.
I have one piece of advice for the insurance. Get as much info on simular cars like yours that have sold. mags, barret, kruse, ebay, hemmings. Also value estimate mags. Originals and customs. I did this with a galaxie i had (not NEAR as nice as your car) and come out very well. I like to think I did there work for them and they new I wasn't going to settle for pennies.

Best of luck

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
HOLY CRAP!! now I understand the mashed up frontel pic.
I have one piece of advice for the insurance. Get as much info on simular cars like yours that have sold. mags, barret, kruse, ebay, hemmings. Also value estimate mags. Originals and customs. I did this with a galaxie i had (not NEAR as nice as your car) and come out very well. I like to think I did there work for them and they new I wasn't going to settle for pennies.

Best of luck
I'm working on that theory also. I have plenty of pictures of Tommy's two 61's. Now just have to wait until he sells one:roll:roll
robert