62 SS Impala

thunda1962

G'day Thunda, I know a bit about the car you bought because I bought the other Anniversary Gold SS Impala that used to be owned by Gavin Marshall. He had two and I bought the other one in 2010. I noticed that he had this second one up for sale a couple of months ago and I contacted him to say g'day and tell him I still own the first car he sold. I also started the register of 1962 Anniversary Gold Impalas because I couldn't find any reliable information of these cars. I was also very keen to decode the cowl tag information for 62's because nobody had published the ACC codes. I now have 51 Anniversary Gold cars in the register, but I don't have your car because I never got a chance to get a photo off Gavin. Send me some current photos of the car, including engine bay and cowl tag and I'll add you to the register. I'll also decode the tag for you. Incidentally, the other photo you posted of the car you own is actually a photo of my car when Gavin owned it. My email is csnelling@bigpond.com Cheers, Carl

thunda1962

Hi Carl 62 , I'll send a pic of the tag in the next couple of days , just got home from a cruise to sydney to watch the State of Origin , any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers ...

thunda1962

Hi all , can anyone tell me if a 62 and 63 radiator support panel are the same , the one on my 62 needs work and i can get a clean 63 one but it's a 2 hour drive away so I was hoping someone could help with some info , thanks ....

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi all , can anyone tell me if a 62 and 63 radiator support panel are the same , the one on my 62 needs work and i can get a clean 63 one but it's a 2 hour drive away so I was hoping someone could help with some info , thanks ....
The 62 and 63 core supports are different

thunda1962

I need to repaint the dashboard in my anniversary 62 impala , would anyone be able to help me with a color code please ..

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
G'day Ray, I checked my records and found three paint codes for dark gold (the interior color for an anniversary gold Impala) from an October 61 Service Bulletin. The Dupont code is 95807, the Rinshed-Mason code was 62V72 and the Ditzler code was DAL-22169 all for the same color. Problem is I plugged these codes into paintref.com and none of them came up as existing any more. I think you'll need to take the glove box door or a piece of trim of the correct color to a paint shop that has a spectrophotmeter (yes it's a thing). You might have to ring around to find a shop with one of these jiggers.

thunda1962

Thanks Carl , I'll have to get the color from the painted strip at the base of the windscreen , i checked out the glove box lid and the paint is toasted inside and out , i was planning on going to see if i can get some paint tomorrow , also i found a panel shop a mile from here that specializes in 60s and 70s GM cars , he might be able to help as well .

thunda1962

Hi , I'm about to paint the dashboard on my 62 anniversary and am i right to assume the paint on the panel where the wiper mechanism bolts to is the same paint as the dash ? , it just looks different to the fire wall , thanks ...