62 upper and lower windshield trim Q

62BillT

Well Known Member
The local salvage yard had a hollander book way back when. Funny when you would go in and ask for a part they would look in the interchange book and just might pull it off a different car other than chevy in the gm cars

I've got 4 different Hollander Interchange Manuals. Problem is that they only cover the larger and more popular parts. As great as they are, there are 100's of parts not listed. Although some parts are covered that you would not expect and others not covered that you would expect. A good example is Rear Window Regulators for 2-Dr cars. Not listed. But again, I would hate to be without one.

bobs409

Administrator
For the top windshield moulding only.
Part #4811849 61-64 convertible
Part #4838489 62-64 Impala 2 door Sport Coupe
Part #4807561 61-64 sedans 2 and 4 door; wagons; 61 2 door HT, 62 bubbletop I assume ; 61-62 4 door HT;
Part# 4873418 63-64 4 door HT

I can't find dimensions.

There are a few dimensions in the chart you posted, center column. The upper 4807561 is 57 inches which is the ones I must have.

I guess I can safely list them now. :D

:ty

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey Bob, you mean someone did not label all of those moldings with a black marker???:dunno2 If they are all the same measurements, then they will fit both the 2dr and 4 dr sedans, 61 and 62. Don.t believe I had any from 63 or 64. I have a 2 dr post 62 biscayne , I can get some measurements for both the front windshield, and the backglass for you. Let me know if you want me to do so. No problem.... Mike

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Is that online somewhere Cecil? thank you for sharing all you know, very helpful.
I remember seeing it online not too long ago and I think it was on GM Parts Wiki but now it's not there or I am mistaken. Can't think of anywhere else it would likely have been.
I can verify any details on numbers and interchange if someone posts the questions. Just a quick check on the original question shows that both upper and lower windshield trim numbers are the same on all 61-62, and 63 upper but 63 lower is different.

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The LOWER front windshield moldings for 61 & 62 are the same for ALL models. Different style for 63 and 64... The upper front windshield molding for 61 and 62 , 2dr and 4dr sedans and the 62 bubble top, are all 58 1/4 inches, measured with a cloth tape, measured on my bubble top following the radius of the molding. The 62 Impala top molding is a little longer as Jim stated.. Relative to the front windshield GLASS.. for 61 and 62 models , the only two that are different from the sedans and the 62 Bubble top, are/ the 62 Impala 2dr cpe, and the Convertible, which are about 1 inch shorter in height from all other models...

bobs409

Administrator
Hey Bob, you mean someone did not label all of those moldings with a black marker???:dunno2 If they are all the same measurements, then they will fit both the 2dr and 4 dr sedans, 61 and 62. Don.t believe I had any from 63 or 64. I have a 2 dr post 62 biscayne , I can get some measurements for both the front windshield, and the backglass for you. Let me know if you want me to do so. No problem.... Mike

Yeah some crazy nut didn't label everything. :D You did have most of the sides labeled as belair or biscayne 4 door, one might even say 2 door but hard to read.

The LOWER front windshield moldings for 61 & 62 are the same for ALL models. Different style for 63 and 64... The upper front windshield molding for 61 and 62 , 2dr and 4dr sedans and the 62 bubble top, are all 58 1/4 inches, measured with a cloth tape, measured on my bubble top following the radius of the molding. The 62 Impala top molding is a little longer as Jim stated.. Relative to the front windshield GLASS.. for 61 and 62 models , the only two that are different from the sedans and the 62 Bubble top, are/ the 62 Impala 2dr cpe, and the Convertible, which are about 1 inch shorter in height from all other models...

I gotta write this down. Good stuff. I'll probably forget all this and come back and ask again in the fall anyway. :crazy

Many thanks to all who helped. I'll have more questions later...