62 Vent window size

heddrik

Well Known Member
Are the vent windows on 61-62 the same height/size on 2 dr hardtop and sedan? Same as 4 door hardtop and sedan? I have no idea if one would fit another, just curious if something comes up for sale if it will fit/replace another. thank you for your educational replies.

bobs409

Administrator
Hollanders lists the following to interchange:

61 2 dr hardtop 1637 & 1837
61 4 dr hardtop 1639 & 1839
61-62 convertible
62 Impala 2 dr hardtop
62 Belair 2 dr hardtop
62 4dr hardtop 1839

They also list most Buick, Cadillac Olds and Pontiacs of similar body styles.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Are the vent windows on 61-62 the same height/size on 2 dr hardtop and sedan? Same as 4 door hardtop and sedan? I have no idea if one would fit another, just curious if something comes up for sale if it will fit/replace another. thank you for your educational replies.
61 & 62 2dr & 4-dr ht wing windows are the same and will interchange.
61 & 62 2dr & 4 dr sedan wing windows are the same and will interchange

What exactly are you looking for I may have it?

heddrik

Well Known Member
There is a 4 dr hardtop in a junkyard 3 hrs from me. They sell things pretty cheap. So these will fit a 2 dr hardtop. The track is similar I assume. Thank you so much.

bobs409

Administrator
I think it only refers to the glass itself. Take for example the convertible being listed to interchange. The top chrome part is shaped different for a convertible so they can't mean the whole thing. I'm not sure for the hardtop to coupes. :dunno2

heddrik

Well Known Member
Ok , thank you. Still worth buying if I can get them cheap enough. 4 dr hardtop was an ac car too so they are tinted.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob is correct convertible has the top of the casting rounded over. The rest of the ht castings are the same.