63-64 fender to valance braces???

bobs409

Administrator
I don't seem to have these on my 63. Were these actually used for these years or is it a mistake in their listing? My car has small L shaped brackets that go from the bumper to the front bottom of fender.

https://www.lategreatchevy.com/full...to-valance-panel-support-brace-1963-1964.html
531218.jpg

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I don't recall seeing that brace on any of the '63s that I've worked on. I've only restored 1 '64 and don't remember if it had that brace or not. I could check the assembly manual tonight if no one else comments.

bobs409

Administrator
I believe your thinking of the hollow tube braces that go from the frame to the bottom of the reinforcements. My car has those but the one above is probably 1/2" in diameter and solid steel, something you would see on 65-70's.

blkss64

Well Known Member
That particular brace shown above is 64 only. It attaches at the bottom of the front fender to the inner fender/core support.
63's didn't need this brace as the bumper / fender design is different. The hollow tube braces fit all 61-64 fullsize Chevs and
mount horizontally from the frame to the inner front bumper reinforcement.

bobs409

Administrator
Thank you Jon! That clears that up. :D You would think these vendors would know what they are selling by now. I see the hollow tubes listed all different ways too. One place says 63-64 and another says 61-64.