63 Biscayne junior stock drag car build

Tom Miller

Well Known Member
Heck, that must have been one of the good ones if it took the wind to rip em off. Some of the ones I had, they fell off!
One 70 half cab I bought, the driver quarter had rusted off, and was dangling by the gas filler neck. No joke! It did drive well however.

Tom Miller

Well Known Member
Here's some Michigan rust for ya.
And the beginning of the scrap pile. There is no title, so between the sawzall and the gas axe, I have to cut this thing into pieces in order to take it to the scrap yard.
She is giving up a lot of good, much needed parts though, even with as rough as she is.

Attachments

• 20180820_143337.jpg
    20180820_143337.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 52
  • 20180820_143353.jpg
    20180820_143353.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 50

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
She is giving up a lot of good, much needed parts though, even with as rough as she is.

Poor ol’ girl:cryblow

Still had a ton of parts on it tho, like you said. Are you saving the door and rear side panels and front and rear seats? I’d be interested in buying all of the above if you’d wanna sell em.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Exactly!
Getting harder and harder to find one of these cars that hasn't been turned into a viper red painted, Chip Foose wheeled turd, complete with braided slip on covers over the hoses, and ugly Edelbrock signature valve covers with the fake 2 piece bolt together look.
No offence to anyone that has the above listed items, its just not my bag.
I'm more of a walk softly but carry a big stick sleeper kind of guy.
Can't stand cars that look like some kid got into his Moms purse, took her credit card and bought every piece of Chinese chrome they could find in a jegs catalog.
Rant over.......for now.
You forgot the pimp white walls and spoke wheel's!!! :lmao

Tom Miller

Well Known Member
If the parts car is a 2-door...save ALL the interior parts!! 4-door....not so much.
Poor ol’ girl:cryblow

Still had a ton of parts on it tho, like you said. Are you saving the door and rear side panels and front and rear seats? I’d be interested in buying all of the above if you’d wanna sell em.

The car had no seats, and I need whats left of the door panels for my car. I also had to harvest the interior window garnish moldings for mine, as they were missing too.
I'm pretty much taking every possible bolt, clip, wiring, glass, window regulators, etc.
Probably keep the steering box, and I'm going to keep the rear portion of the frame so I can use it to mock up a triangulated 4 link rear minus panhard bar.

Its got a nice pair of manual trans pedals & linkage, speedo housing, heater controls and cables, radio, knobs,switches, wiring harnesses,etc.
If someone needs the ends of the quarters with the tail light cove, I could cut those off.
There is not any good sheetmetal. The only piece worth saving was the cowl vent panel, which mine needed.
The other part I needed was the front filler between grill and bumper, and this one has a rot hole in it.

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I scrapped a 4dr but if it was a 2dr I would have kept the whole roof from the cowl to the quarters over to the b pillars. One day ya might find a nice 4dr to swap roofs and doors.

Tom Miller

Well Known Member
And........
We have primer.
Really happy with the way it turned out, it is a good repair. Basically took two junk trunklids, and made one nice rustfree piece.
It is currently the nicest part on the car, well, of the car. It is sitting on a stand drying tonight.

Attachments

• 20180910_195914.jpg
    20180910_195914.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180910_194616.jpg
    20180910_194616.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180910_194625.jpg
    20180910_194625.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 36

Tom Miller

Well Known Member
Stay tuned.....
By chance I tracked down and made contact with the previous owner. Quite a bit different story than what the bodyshop told me..
Keep your fingers crossed for me, he says he still has the back seat, the door panels, the grill, and some misc stuff.
Sent me these "before" pics. Wish I could have found her like that. Previous owner was 2nd owner and he cofirmed 28k original miles. Sat in a garage for nearly 30 years.
He says he has the rear seat and the door panels, and claims they are perfect.

Attachments

• jpeg-imag1.jpg
    jpeg-imag1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_67571.jpg
    IMG_67571.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 49
  • CIMG0057.jpg
    CIMG0057.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 50
  • CIMG0054.jpg
    CIMG0054.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 50
  • CIMG0053.jpg
    CIMG0053.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Tom Miller

Well Known Member
Ok, great news.
Spoke on the phone this evening. He has the parts in a storage unit, he said he will go there and inventory the parts and get them into one spot ready for pick up.
He said I can HAVE all the parts except for the grill. Said he will need a little money for the grill.
When he bought the car he said the front and rear seats were covered with clear plastic covers. He said the whole interior was mint and looked brand new when he took the covers off. Says the door panels are like new too.