63 Bucket Seat Bracket

Kaycee

Well Known Member
I purchased a set of original brackets for my buckets and am having a hell of a time getting the inside bracket to mate to seat. I am referring to the inner rear stud the stud sits to flat to the seat bracket the front sits perfect, I don't have enough stud to get a nut on:scratch. Floor board and tunnel look untouched as does the bracket did a search on the web and pictures are far and few between ,this is one of those things where I shouldn't have to alter it to fit and it really pissing me off :wtf

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Thank you ,Wow are those factory ?? Looks as though mine are sitting like yours I haven't welded mine in yet so just mocking up for now plus a cold garage don't help. It looks like yours has been tweeked some or is that factory installed ?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The floor is factory SS in 1962 Convertble with factory welds on the brackets.
The SS brackets with the long brace is 1962 only. Only 1962's had the long brace under the brackets into the back seat area. 62 SS floor brackets will work in 63 and 64.

I had to replace the front stud (closed to the dash) since these pictures were taken. Part of the stud had been broken off and I hadn't noticed it. The interior is still not finished, working on the dash, motor etc.

I have added(body shop guys did the welding) SS bucket seat floor brackets to 62's and 63's that did not come with SS bucket seats or the floor was replaced. In the 63 SS one we used repro floor brackets (they did not fit good on the floor). The repro brackets had to be rasied in the rear to fit.
The 62 SS was the original SS brackets added to a reproduction floor pan. This 62 SS 409 Convertible is in my garage under restoration (it belongs to a friend)

You need to mount the SS brackets to the seats and mark/weld tack weld to the floor while still attached to the seat.
Finish the welding after they are tacked to the floor.
All so the seats will fit correctly on the studs after the welding.
Paul

Here are pictures of my friends 62 SS convertible with the factory SS brackets added to the reproduction floor.
P1030422_tn.jpg P1030423_tn.jpg P1030448_tn.jpg

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Yes sir that was the way I had planned to install them , Thank you for the pics they helped will try and work on them some the next few days .

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Thanks so much for the pics ,now if someone could explain that inner rear bolt , see how flat it is how in gods creation can that line up with the seat bracket. :bow Am I missing something here :dunno2

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Picture might help us understand what you are having trouble with. Do you have seat bracket loose from bucket seats so we can see it better.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Do you have these correct 62-64 seat brackets?
The interior (by the console bracket has one vertical mount and a 45 degree mount)63 chevy ss buckets 008.jpg
Paul

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Yeah sure do, mine is not bent like yours that's where I got messed up .I look at that seat bracket and it has a factory crease in it to keep from bending. I have come to the conclusion that I way over thought this installation :winner:appl Thanks a lot for the info and pics. from everyone

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have had to bend the 45 degree bracket back to the facory angle to match the angle on the floor bracket. This is on seat brackets that a former owner of them, straightened them for some other non 62-64 bucket seat installation.
Paul

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Yep all is good bent them a tad bit and they fit together nice Thanks again my next ? is what keeps the seat tracks square with each other ? When you adjust seat forward or back the inners on both sides seem to drift and not in-line with the outer or will this not be as noticeable once all nailed down ?

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Man I hope so proud of them tracks slidding like hot butter , getting them seats lined up is about as hard as trying to make love to oiled up fat girl from the carnival:good