63 Console Shifter

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Thanks a lot for the pics ,so I could just run a wire off the orange in the console for my lid light then ?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The only thing with the orange wire is that the 63 console appears to have a different color wire(s) in the picture
on the link I posted.
Also I have a 63 Assembly manual and on page 3 & 4 of Section Z03 at the back of the manual --it shows two lights for the 63 console(one in the console and one for the back seat) not like the 62 console with only the back seat light and no ground on the 62 SS light.

The 63 SS console has the inside console light with a ground to the floor and a push button switch to turn the inside the console light.
The back seat light wiring on the back of the 63 SS console appears to have two wires with no ground wire to the floor pan like my 62 SS console .

To summarize it appears to me that there are 3 wires in the 63 SS console for two lights + a ground wire and 2 sockets for both lights and the push button to turn on/and off --the inside the console light.
I would suggest to just buy the correct 63 SS console harness.

You could call or e-mail Ameican Autowire (see the link below)to ask them about the wire set (picture of the harness) or advise to answer your question. They have answered my questions when I ask. typcially I have the correct harnesses to make everything work correctly.
https://www.americanautowire.com/callemail-us/

Paul

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Correct that's what I was trying to say was 1 for the console compartment and 1 on the rear(cortesy light) that shines with open door or the light switch. I grabbed a anther harness out of the 4 door parts car and went by NAPA and picked up some of the special spade connectors. I will make my own harness ,I have the old console lid switch well part of it, it has a ground wire but no where do I see to hook up a hot and I cannot see it on a new one ,but hard to tell from the picture off the web.