63 Impala 1 piece floor pan

I'm considering replacing the floor pan in my 1963 Impala SS with the one piece.

From what I see, it looks like there are two options.

1. OER Original Equipment Reproduction that sells for $789.99.

2. Dynacorn that retails for $1383.81.

I've learned through my years working with restoring cars professionally that buying the cheapest sheetmetal is a bad decision.

Comparing these two by description, both sound like they include the same thing. One piece floor pan, all the welded floor braces as well as inner rockers.

So that said, I'm not familiar with the quality of either really. I know Dynacorn is the company which came out with complete reproduction Camaro bodies some time ago. I've seen the OER name, but don't know how the quality of either compares.

Not looking to save a buck at the expense of quality, but any input on either company would be appreciated.

Todd

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I have never used a complete floor pan assembly, but I do use Dynacorn sheet metal. So far most has been very good fitment, mainly quarter panels. The floor panels and braces are good, but could be just a little better. I purchase my panels through Hubbard's so I can pick them up at Carlisle and save shipping charges. That said, there is a possibility that the OER is a Dynacorn floor pan. But I am not sure. Paul, pvs409, should be able to give you all of the information you need. If I remember correctly, he uses CARS for his floor assemblies.