63 Impala SS, Bumper-HELP!

flame

Supporting Member 1
Flame here
I am replacing the rear face plate (license frame) on my 63. The frame has 10 holes in the top, 5 smaller in the bottom. The bumper is 3 pieces. This frame sits below the center face. The top holes are like this: Oo Oo o o oO oO There are 6 bolts in the top. Two smaller bolts in the center (no Problem) and 4 large bolts in the large holes. The large bolts seem to have nuts on each and seem impossible to get to. I have a 63 manual (not an assemble manual) but with a schematic. These 4 large bolts do not appear???? Am I correct that this frame at the top goes between the bumper and the rear face reinforcement? To do this these 4 large bolts will need to come out! I also have 4 goofy "clips" where do they go? I argued with Classic on how many I needed, they said 4 and even sent me a hard to read diagram showing 4. But I have a lot more small holes! The bottom holes had black round push fasteners, one in each hole. I don't believe that was correct! The top had a few more but the 2 smaller bolts in the center are correct. I do not believe the bumper will come off without removing those 4 large bolts either, they are through the reinforcement panel. Can't get to the nuts. I wonder how they ever tightened them? HELP!!! The old one was mounted on the top portion of the center bumper, remember this is from below. Confused? Anybody done this?
RSVP

flame

Supporting Member 1
Fixed!

Not too many responses? I have worked around the problem actually those funky clamps are kinda nice!
Flame

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
response

Flame, I have a 63, but it is in a trailer and I couldn't see what it was you were talking about. Glad you got it figured out. I remember it wasn't easy to get all that together, but that was 12 years ago.