63 ss 409 convertible

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I am very glad he is taking an interest in all this.
Last week I had him start up and move the gto,the look on his face was priceless when it started.We need to pass our love for 409’s on to the next generation,or it ends with us.
You are so right, its up to us to get the next generation interested in these cars or it will end. :good:appl:appl:applMy grandson lives 500 miles away or I would be working on him, I try to every time I see him but right now he's more interested in Transformers. LOL

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Think I might have screwed up painting the spindles black.After going back thru my original photos I am beginning to think they were cast grey.The photo shows a splash of orange.I am guessing this is a factory marking.The website paint charts don’t show the spindle color.What about the backing plates as well.Experts what’s the verdict833E99F3-B07D-4247-A0F2-897DB44D48C4.jpeg

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Just seeing this thread for the first time.....I don’t know how that’s possible..... congratulations...... that was quite a gift.......!!!!..... nice looking shop too!!!.....Wow I’m scaring myself I just looked back through and saw where I had “liked “before........???:alarmed:fear2:scared2

Junky

Well Known Member
I noticed the brake linings / shoes lying out in your picture above. I am curious why you are using riveted shoes on the rear, and bonded linings on the front???