'63 SS Body Side Moldings

62BillT

Well Known Member
How can you tell NOS from Repro?

I believe I got some NOS pieces, but not sure. They do have the Metal Inserts.

Thanks

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I can’t speak to the side trim quality but I know fitment is an issue with aftermarket parts for any of the other trim .....the Horshoe around the rear tail lights on a 63, the import repops don’t even come close to fitting .....but you wouldn’t know that unless you held it up to the car......I couldn’t believe they sold them to me .......I got took!!!!.....I’ve also been told the overseas doorhandles, the chrome starts to bubble immediately........Did you try searching the topic

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Look on the back side Bill. Believe the edges are rougher. Specialty Reproductions repo the door and rear quarter clips exactly to GM specs. The repo moldings are too wide to have the clips retain the moldings correctly.
Granted..NOS moldings are basically non-existent now. I'm glad I did cars when NOS was available!!! Don't know of any alternatives...sorry.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Used to be....not sure if it still is....company had 62 Impala side moldings reproduced across the pond.....when shipment arrived and was inspected.....85% WERE THROWN AWAY and the remaining 15% were sold as driver quality.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
We have a vendor who shows up at some swap meets I believe they are called Eberts.......They have originals that they straighten and then re-anodize