63 SS Revisited.....Project Z

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dennis, Like Keith say's "make your collection grow".
Although the Gibbs motor would be perrrrrrrfect for the 58 pick-up i'm doing for the wife. :rub

Gav

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Dennis comments: "And to think......if I don't sell the Gibbs motor.....I have to get another body to put it in!!!"

You and I have a similar problem, more engines than bodies and too many bodies in need of major work :). But it sure is fun!

TomK

P.S. Although my "problem" does not include a Z-11 build :).

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Dennis comments: "And to think......if I don't sell the Gibbs motor.....I have to get another body to put it in!!!"

You and I have a similar problem, more engines than bodies and too many bodies in need of major work :). But it sure is fun!

TomK

P.S. Although my "problem" does not include a Z-11 build :).

The problem with more than 1 project is that there are too many choices of what needs to be done. The Z-11 build takes precedence. But what car to put it in????............The green or blue?????....There is also a very nice Biscayne body with a 409 motor just minutes from my house for sale!!!!! Survivor body....added 409....Dammit!!!..... What to do??:dunno2

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well.......beauty is only skin deep,..............and like Forrest Gump............that's all I got to say 'bout that!!!
But this has gotten friggin ugly. I'll know the extent of potential major panel replacement after I media blast it........ The things I get myself into!!!:bawl

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well.......beauty is only skin deep,..............and like Forrest Gump............that's all I got to say 'bout that!!!
But this has gotten friggin ugly. I'll know the extent of potential major panel replacement after I media blast it........ The things I get myself into!!!:bawl
Boy, I know how the "after blast" goes...can be depressing. :furious

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well, for the moment.......it appears that the quarters might be O.K. ...Stripping paint off to see the extent of any problems and how much was hidden before going to the media blaster. Bought a rotisserie and assembled it this weekend. Body is ready to come off the frame so I can get started tearing down and getting it ready for the motor. .....Ran a di-grinder across my flexed knuckle. Kinda' weird looking into the joint space and watching the bones articulate when you straighten and bend your finger!!! ...Really stings too!!:furious:furious

IMG_0830.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
You're dangerous homey!!!! Didn't you try to cut a finger off a couple of weeks ago???? Hope you have all your digits left after the restoration is finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Oh damn... I was reading that thinking what part of the car you were referring too.

Hope you get better soon

Pic of injury? :D

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
IMG_0900.jpg IMG_0901.jpg

I got the body off the frame and on the rotisserie and ready to have the media blaster company come and pick it up. I got a little work done on the frame this morning. Will have it media blasted as well and start getting it ready for the motor. Plan is to have the frame completed with the engine in place and drop the body down. Gonna have to hustle to have it ready!!

:pray:pray

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
m
View attachment 49472 View attachment 49473

I got the body off the frame and on the rotisserie and ready to have the media blaster company come and pick it up. I got a little work done on the frame this morning. Will have it media blasted as well and start getting it ready for the motor. Plan is to have the frame completed with the engine in place and drop the body down. Gonna have to hustle to have it ready!!

:pray:pray
Moving right along :clap:clap

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ya know.......Brian (BSL409) is a great guy..... Texts me tonight saying my pistons are in and that they look great.....Says the crank and rods look kinda' nice too!!!........Now you would think,.... since he is such a good photographer, that maybe a picture or two would be nice.....but nooooooo!!.....AND he is trying to get his block with the cracked cylinder moved up ahead of me!!!!!:mad3