`63 Winter Nationals

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I just got around to take a good long look at the May `63 Hot Rod mag I got at the swap meet.
It covers the `63 Winter National and back in those days they did a excellent job of covering the events with long articles !
Looking at the ads and other stuff it was a flash back to some fun times even though I was a little young I still remember the magazines and cars.

It also covers the `63 Datona race and I`ll do that in another post.
51403479.jpg

This one is Hayden Proffitt`s new L/P Chevy. The L/P class(limited production) is for cars made by the factory but not publicly available. So My guess is it is a Z11 !!!
In the listing for winners it lists the L/P class as "disqualified" with no times!
51403782.jpg

Next is Joe Ritters `62

51403696.jpg

For all you wagon lovers is Phil Chisholm doing 15.37 @ 89.55

51403602.jpg

And you can`t leave out "Old Reliable" with Dave Strickler taking 2nd in the A/Stock class going 12.38 @ 115.68 !

51403643.jpg

And yes you can copy these photos !!

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
How to view pictures?

dq.I'm new with computers and I can't view pictures.Here's what I'm doing I click on the red x and it gives me these options (show pictures-go to my pictures-copy-add to favorites & properties) I click on all these options and it does nothing any ideas? :confused:

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Photos

The photos are not showing up.
I clicked on the red X to get the photo to load, But images are corrupt or bad link.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
oh really!!!

bobs409 said:
Dq posted them. Im betting they are corrupt. :D

Could it be...the pictures are OK and that DQ is......naw, probably not!!! Just a thought!!! :D :D :D

M

MK IISS

Z11

dq:

NHRA placed the '63 Z11 in two different classes, L/P or A/FX depending upon the type of rear tire the car was running.

Richard

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Pictures

I'm new with computers and I can't view pictures.

Don't feel confused. I've been on the internet since the world wide web started, and I can't squeeze these photos out of the web.

Hey DQ, can ya help us out?

Where'd ya hide them pitchers? :D

:cool:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
CRAP !!! Just piad $20 but to that site so I could load pictures to Ebay and other web site !!! I think you have to do some digging and they don`t make it a copy and paste,,, Check back,,dq (the corrupt one)

M

MK IISS

dq409 said:
CRAP !!! Just piad $20 but to that site so I could load pictures to Ebay and other web site !!! I think you have to do some digging and they don`t make it a copy and paste,,, Check back,,dq (the corrupt one)

Pictures coming thru great now. Don Garlit's had that same issue for sale at his museum for $100.00, his rail was on the cover.

Richard

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Started 09 today

Well guys while were waiting for dq to fix his program I started the 09 today after not running in 6 years. It started right up and sounded real good.I'ts got a nice wine to it with my Pete Jackson timing gears.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
MK IISS said:
Pictures coming thru great now. Don Garlit's had that same issue for sale at his museum for $100.00, his rail was on the cover.

Richard
I guess I fell lucky !! I paid $3.50 for it at the swap meet !!!!! :D :cheers

51459538.jpg

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Photos

DQ
Thanx ..........you came thru for us again.
Photos came thru great.......I'll have to go digging in my collection.

I think your program is OK but I don't know enough about computers to help out the others. All I can think of is they may not have enough memory (RAM).

My computer guru set my system up so that Adobe Photoshop Deluxe opens all attachments and pictures automatically. Occasionally some don't come thru but that is very rare.

Hope this helps a little.

BJ