63 x frame lower rear suspension

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Has anyone used the lower rear control arm mounting hole on sedan? Did it change the ride height any? The manual I have says that’s for station wagon. I have new rear moog springs when I installed them I really didn’t get the height I was looking for........ so I’m think this hole might give me the 1/2-1” I’m looking for???

Attachments

• 5299F60B-631D-4A47-AB0E-F225D6E71B11.jpeg
    5299F60B-631D-4A47-AB0E-F225D6E71B11.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 41

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I would say if you raise the front control arm up more ( if there was another hole) it would compress spring more and raise frame.. If you lower the arm in bottom hole ,it would relax spring moe and lower frame. That's how I see it??? I don't know why wagon would be a different hole though. Some one will know .

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I would say if you raise the front control arm up more ( if there was another hole) it would compress spring more and raise frame.. If you lower the arm in bottom hole ,it would relax spring moe and lower frame. That's how I see it??? I don't know why wagon would be a different hole though. Some one will know .

That’s what I was thinking but I believe a wagon sits a touch higher but maybe cause I believe a wagon uses a beefier spring. This is rear suspension I’m assuming that’s what you meant.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
If you move the spring lower I think it will move the rear axle and you may need to recheck your pinion angles. I am guessing that it was the additional weight of the wagon body plus the heavier springs that combined to require the lower holes.