63 x33 biscayne Hayden Proffet car

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There is a local car shop owned by Bucky Austin that has a black 63 Biscayne x 33, I believe I remember it right anyway, but it is a beautiful car and has all the light weight parts on it, fenders, hood, bumpers, inner fenders and so on and wonder if this car is real or not. It also has the cowl air cleaner also like the z 11. I would post pictures of it that I have on my phone if I could figure that out I can text them but can not get them on here for some reason.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
It's not "real" as factory built. Car waz built by Roger Sortino in Seattle. Bucky bought it from Roger.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:love WOW I've never seen those pictures before. Headers are a work of art, as is the rest of the car. Is it a real Mark II "mystery" engine or a Mark IV ? If I had that kinda money and already had this car, I would find another '63 Biscayne.....and build it to look almost identical....using fiberglass parts instead of the aluminum....with a rat motor dressed out to look like the MK II......and I would take that second car out and have all kinda fun with it.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Even the cylinder heads look different from your typical mark iv as these heads don't have the big half half inch drive plugs in them like a 396 or 427,454 head and the intake is a snow flake intake but I could not see the casting number on it.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Roger's goal was to build the 63 race car that Chevrolet should have built instead of the Z-11.

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The aluminum nose came from the John Hagen '63 Z-11 Impala from Minnesota years ago.

Attachments

• 6134884_orig.jpg
    6134884_orig.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 8967606.jpg
    8967606.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 35