63 Z11 front sheetmetal (?)

409Kid

Well Known Member
What exactly was aluminum on the front clip of a 63 Z11. I’m not talking about bumpers and brackets. I know the inner fender panels were steel.

The fenders, valance, hood, grill support uprights were aluminum. What else was special? Core support? Hood latch assembly? Hinges? Hinge brackets? Headlight mountings? Any thing else I forgot to mention?

Last edited:

409Kid

Well Known Member
Thank you. When they say grill
Filler panel what are they describing exactly?. Is that what the front of the latch plate attaches to? I’m not familiar with 63 front clips.

bobs409

Administrator
Thank you. When they say grill
Filler panel what are they describing exactly?. Is that what the front of the latch plate attaches to? I’m not familiar with 63 front clips.
I would think the valance or filler panel at the bottom of the grill that goes under the bumper. Maybe someone else can confirm.

409Kid

Well Known Member
Okay thank you. I thought I’ve seen aluminum fan shrouds on some of the cars I’ve looked at on this site(?). I’m guessing someone was fabricating these?

409Kid

Well Known Member
Fan shrouds were aluminum also.
I don’t see it listed on Bobs parts & #s list.
Anything else not included on the list?

So the radiator core support , the panel that holds the front of the latch, and the headlight supporting structures were all steel?

I will explain the madness to all my questions soon…