64 ac car

heddrik

Well Known Member
Found a 64 Impala 4 dr in a junkyard, rough but some parts look salvageable. Is the small block a c bracket worth buying? compressor? what should I look for? Grateful for any ideas/replies.

62BillT

Well Known Member
All the parts have value, although there is really nothing extra special there in my opinion.

Special, but just not extra special.

But that said, the Inside Vents and AC-Heater Control Assembly would probably be the most valuable if in good condition or better.

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Any of that factory AC parts are good property !!! Especially the parts that are not reproduced.
Get all of it you can if the price is right.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Don't try to take out the center A/C vent in the dash (you might break it) buy the entire dash insert
and the side ducts (they should come out without breaking them).

Factory A/C brackets for the motor are worth $ the blower boxes on the firewall and evaportor under the fender and under dash heater boxes are 63/64 A/C only.
Paul

heddrik

Well Known Member
Thank you gentlemen. Someone has pillaged the inside, but the blower motor and firewall box should come out easily. I can get the entire motor for less than 200. Back bumper is decent, 57.00. So guess what I ll be doing Saturday,? Paul, your garage of 62's caused me to turn green with envy, what a nice corral you have there, truly top notch!

Junky

Well Known Member
A couple of things come to mind. First would be the heater core and attached valve. Second would be the inside door panels, since the metal tops are needed to have new door panels attached to them. The third thing might be the power steering brackets, piston and valve assembly, power steering pump, lower pulley, and steering box. Everything to add factory power steering to a non power steering car. Also, save all the factory hardware, such as nuts, bolts, screws, clamps, etc..

heddrik

Well Known Member
It's a 4 door so the door panel, which are in poor shape, aren t worth much. I sent you a reply to your pm.

Junky

Well Known Member
It's a 4 door so the door panel, which are in poor shape, aren t worth much. I sent you a reply to your pm.

The top rails are valuable to someone that wants to have new ones made by one of the upholstery vendors. The top rail is steel, and they bond the new cardboard to the steel to make a new door panel. I don't know if there is any stainless steel trim on the inside door panel of the Impala, but if there is, that also might be valuable to someone. I am looking for the stainless steel from the inside door panel of a 2 door BelAir, if anyone comes across one. Right and left are the same. thanks Junk

heddrik

Well Known Member
So if I get all 4 doors that may be enough for someone to make a 2 door from? Most of stainless was badly dented, etc. I ll look for Bel Air trim, where does it go on a door?