64 All Weather Air question

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I just replaced the heater core in my 64 with "all weather air", on top of the air dam box inside the car is a vacuum switch, apparently all this is for is to drop the pressure slightly when the heater dam door is closed so as not to freeze up the evaporator. So think it is not a big deal, but I am trying to figure out where both vacuum lines approx 3/8" dia go to, the small 1/4" line goes to the a/c valve, I would expect 1 of the 3/8 lines go to the intake but am not sure, is it possible both go to the intake?

any help is appreciated.
I have looked in both the workshop manual and assembly manual but I can't seem to find where they actually go.
many thanks

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Thanks LA,
I do have that diagram, and feel it is the same as the 64, the valve has 3 hoses, one 1/4" to the valve, and 2 off 3/8". I assume these both go to the manifold or at least to a T then to the manifold, but none of the diagrams I have show this.
The top diagram appears to be for the L6 and shows 1 hose going to manifold but it is hard to tell where the second hose goes. the 2nd diagram shows the vacuum switch but does not show its path and ending.

64 L6 ac.JPG64 vac switch.JPG