64 Bel Air and Impala rear seat differences?

4Eyedturd

Well Known Member
I'm hunting for a rear seat for my 64 2 door Bel Air because the bottom frame section is pretty rotten with rust. I haven't had much luck and I'm wondering if there is a difference in seat bottoms between mine and an Impala, heck for that matter is the top seat section the same except for the emblem in the center?

bubpletop62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The 2dr ‘Sports Coupe’ (ht) is about 5”-6” shorter because of the rear arm rests. Belair sedan 2dr and 4dr are longer AND different shape on the ends. Belair of course does not have the speaker in upper cushion. I have a ‘62 Belair 2dr sedan bottom with original covering in good shape if interested. In CA however.
Dennis Bubp

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm hunting for a rear seat for my 64 2 door Bel Air because the bottom frame section is pretty rotten with rust. I haven't had much luck and I'm wondering if there is a difference in seat bottoms between mine and an Impala, heck for that matter is the top seat section the same except for the emblem in the center?
Go on www.searchtempest.com and find a 2dr or 4dr someone is parting out. You could always talk to your upholstery guy though because they do have the ability to mod the frame to fit. Anyone with a cut off wheel and a welder can.

4Eyedturd

Well Known Member
Thanks for the help, my car is a post car. After I looked at a few pictures I can see how the Impala's have armrest that run all the way back to what look like the trunk partition. At this point I might just switch to Impala stuff as I can find that anywhere just about. Heck, I found a complete front seat, rear seat and door panels on ebay for just over $1200 but they are covered in vinyl and I was hoping for cloth or cloth/vinyl combination.

RussC

Well Known Member
I'ld rather not mess with motor freight. Maybe Phil will be heading for Texas. You have to agree the price is right

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
You have NO IDEA what you will be missing by NOT going to Russ' place!!!!!
Leave on Fri. night, catch a motel room, be there Sat noon, get your seat and take the tour and head back to Texas, grab the same motel room and be back home Sun.!!!!!!!!!!
YOU WILL TALK ABOUT YOUR TRIP FOR YEARS!!!
PS: Were did your Handle come from if I may ask????

heddrik

Well Known Member
The 2dr ‘Sports Coupe’ (ht) is about 5”-6” shorter because of the rear arm rests. Belair sedan 2dr and 4dr are longer AND different shape on the ends. Belair of course does not have the speaker in upper cushion. I have a ‘62 Belair 2dr sedan bottom with original covering in good shape if interested. In CA however.
Dennis Bubp
So a 2dr sedan seat is different than a 2 dr hardtop? I did not realize that. The armrest missing makes it longer than an Impala, correct? I guess a 2 door bubbletop is a thing to itself??

bubpletop62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Correct. The 2dr Impala ht and the 2dr Belair bubbletop (they only came in 2dr) are the same length. Of course the back Impala cushion has the speaker. The bottom cushions are the same.
Dennis Bubp