64 Biscayne, 425 hp, 4speed car or motor for sale.

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It’s a sad day around this household. My little girl might need to have duel hip replacement . Without insurance for this, I’m left with just a couple of options.
I have @ 64 Biscayne with 4speed, 4,11 posi, the engine is a 64 duel quad 409. It’s not original to the car.
Everyone here know what the car and motor are worth . This is a running motor in a registered , driving car.
I can post picks or send them to interested people.
I will sell motor , motor and trans or just body.
Make me and offer I can’t refuse. Email or text.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Sorry to learn of your daughter's situation. I just had one hip done two months ago, the good news is it's a lot better than the original was, which I suspect I wore out over the years. But it is a prosthetic, so not NOS :). Both of mine have deteriorated, but the left one was causing pain, so we did that one (first?). Not sure if one can do both at the same time, maybe a month in between?

My follow up to the Doctor's was at 6 weeks and after that I was then cleared to do normal ambling about. I just came back from the golf course (visiting the in-laws) and no pain (although I took it pretty easy). I hope hers goes as well and that she is pain free after surgery :).

Best, TomK

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jester, Start a Go Fund Me account.....if you or your daughter do the Facebook also put it onto there and share it....also link it to this message.....family health is important.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I just received the billing for my single hip replacement. Just the prosthetic was listed at $14,750 (parts). Lots of little items but the big ones are the operating room cost, the Anesthesioigist and of course, the surgeon's fees. All total was $32K (parts and labor). I am fortunate to have paid into health insurance for decades with little to no annual withdrawal, so I have good coverage and am responsible for only a portion of that total cost.

I suspect if one paid in cash it would be significantly less. Not sure you want to know this, but there it is....

The good news is that the replacement, while not original, works well and the pain associated with bone-on-bone is gone.

Good luck!
TomK

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
So sorry to hear of your little girls health concerns........ prayers of healing sent her way....... good luck with your sale .......
I think I need to clear this up before it goes to far or gets out of hand.
My little girl is my my 6 month old German Shepard.
Those of us who own pets will understand why she is one of my little girls.
I’m sorry for the confusion.

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I know exactly how you feel 30 years ago we had the same choice to make on our yellow lab, hip dysplasia, no socket for the femur in the hips, we were told she would never be able to run or do dog things and we made a different decision than what you've decided. I'm sure they have come a long way since then and sincerely hope for the best with your little girl, please let us know how it all turns out.

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My little girl is my German Shepard. I’m sorry for the confusion. Pet owners will know how I feel.
Yep, they're family for sure.

I just received the billing for my single hip replacement. Just the prosthetic was listed at $14,750 (parts). Lots of little items but the big ones are the operating room cost, the Anesthesioigist and of course, the surgeon's fees. All total was $32K (parts and labor). I am fortunate to have paid into health insurance for decades with little to no annual withdrawal, so I have good coverage and am responsible for only a portion of that total cost.
I suspect if one paid in cash it would be significantly less. Not sure you want to know this, but there it is....
The good news is that the replacement, while not original, works well and the pain associated with bone-on-bone is gone.

Good luck!
TomK
Thanks for the info Tom. Not sure which joint I'll be trying first.