64 Impala rear window defogger info needed

76camaroz28

Hi I’m new to the site :cheers and need some help. I’m looking for any and all info on the RPO C50 rear window defogger. My son and I are in the process of restoring a 1964 SS and it came with this defogger. Problem is, there is no switch we can find and the positive connector was cut off the motor and is lost. Does anyone have pictures they can post of these early defoggers and connecting parts? Also there is a thin coax cable about 1/8 – 3/16 that runs a long the main wire harness and terminate just around where the defogger is. It is not an antenna cable those are way to thick and the antenna is mounted off the front fender. Any help would be great.....................

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
64 defogger

I have a complete one on my 62 Impala HT that I could take some pictures of it. I think 63 and 64 where the similar, not sure.

The wiring is similar. I have one red wire about 16/18 guage to a single switch from the defogger motor. I have not installed my switch yet. The defogger is installed in the back window of my car -two holes 2"-3" approx. for the defogger blower hoses and one for the motor (larger round hole 4-5" approx.).

Paul Stensland

S

Swiss Impala

Hello from Switzerland,

I hope this helps.
I can't see at my car.
My Impala has no rear defogger.
But I have found some documents.

Franz

Attachments

• impala rd.jpg
    impala rd.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 53
  • impala rd2.jpg
    impala rd2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 47

76camaroz28

If you could post a picture of what the switch looks like that would really help me out in trying to find one..............