'64 Impala SS 409

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Story of my young life, sjt409. :doh My buddy and I, just finished putting a new rear in my 64. Were on our way to the Sunday Drags, at Lebanon Valley. Said goodbye, to Dad and did a showoff burnout. :dropBlew the second rear end.:eek3My Father said "I can't believe, what you just did":dunnoLooks like, you'll be taking the bus, to work, next week.:doh Eek :(Did I learn a lesson that day? Of course not.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Story of my young life, sjt409. :doh My buddy and I, just finished putting a new rear in my 64. Were on our way to the Sunday Drags, at Lebanon Valley. Said goodbye, to Dad and did a showoff burnout. :dropBlew the second rear end.:eek3My Father said "I can't believe, what you just did":dunnoLooks like, you'll be taking the bus, to work, next week.:doh Eek :(Did I learn a lesson that day? Of course not.

And your Dad says........Skip.....:pan:pan

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Yeah, he was a little pissed, Dave.:doh He gave me the $ 25.00 last week, for the rear I just destroyed. I had to ride the old United Traction Company bus every day, for 10 days.3b7020c20ef03d1d6b6757a7703719d1 United Traction Company Bus.jpg It was an old exhaust pumping Diesel, that probably should have been shit canned years ago.:eek3 Exhaust would seep into the bus, between the rear seat. We always wondered why people were sleeping.:laugh