64 Impala SS QP 409/425 Progress Pics

409TI

Here are some updated pictures of my project 64 impala SS 409/425 transistorized ignition numbers match car. I posted a few pictures a couple of years ago and some of you may remember the car. I've been doing a complete frame off on this 33k original mile car. I've even got the original black and yellow plates with the 1973 registration sticker from when it was last on the road. I've almost completed the complete frame off restoration on this car. Unfortunatly, due to recent health issues, I've been unable to work on the car and have been and will be entertaining offers on the car ;). The car is 95% complete and only needs the seats (I have the frames), carpet, and a few minor things to be complete. I've already installed a new headliner, new dash, door panels, etc. Everything on this car is numbers match and is sure to be a show winner once finished. Car runs and drives, and there's too much to list. There have been thousands of hours and $$$ spent on the restoration. I would love to keep this, but my health comes first. If someone is interested and would like more info or pics, they can post here, PM me, or call me anytime (916)223-2370. Thanks. Marv

Old School

Supporting Member 1
Marv: It looks gorgeous. I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. I saw your other 409 car and this 64 shortly after you got it. You had an ad in the Sacto Bee and I showed up at your door on a Sunday.

I was really impressed with your level of skill and workmanship in car restoration. It was top notch and better than the work being put out in the profession shops.

I know how hard it must be to see such a labor of love leave your garage unfinished.

The very best to your and your family and I hope things improve for you.

Mick

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That is an impressive looking chassis on that car! You have done an outstanding job so far. I touched on these rare 1964 "QP"-coded cars just last week in another topic. So what we have here is a silver '64 Super Sport with a dual quad, Z-11 cam'ed, transistorized ignition 409. Whoever sat down to order this car 45 years ago really wanted a fast car. What rear axle ratio came in this car?

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Marv; I second, what Mick said. I wish you good health, in your future.:)