64ImpSS

64ImpSS

Well Known Member
I'm new to this site. I'm a semi retired body man from Indiana that's done a lot of restorations over the years and currently have several projects. My favorite right now is my 64 SS Convertible 409 Impala. It was purchased new in Fowler Indiana by an old friend of mine who is now a retired Indiana State Cop. The car is getting a complete frame off nut and bolt job. Chassis is done and body work almost. The engine should be fired up by Christmas after a complete rebuild. My other current projects are a 72 K5 Blazer, a 68 El Camino, a 51 Willys Jeep, 66 Chevelle SS 396, and I have a 72 F250 high Boy truck, a 49 Chevy 3100 pick up and a 63 Fairlane 500. Why a Fairlane? I have no idea. What's next? I don't know but love the 409 and my first car was a 55 Chevy 210 so we'll see. I once has a 33 Plymouth that I wanted to hot rod but needed money and sold it. If I can find it or one like it I'd be all over it.

64ImpSS

Well Known Member
I'm new to this site. I'm a semi retired body man from Indiana that's done a lot of restorations over the years and currently have several projects. My favorite right now is my 64 SS Convertible 409 Impala. It was purchased new in Fowler Indiana by an old friend of mine who is now a retired Indiana State Cop. The car is getting a complete frame off nut and bolt job. Chassis is done and body work almost. The engine should be fired up by Christmas after a complete rebuild. My other current projects are a 72 K5 Blazer, a 68 El Camino, a 51 Willys Jeep, 66 Chevelle SS 396, and I have a 72 F250 high Boy truck, a 49 Chevy 3100 pick up and a 63 Fairlane 500. Why a Fairlane? I have no idea. What's next? I don't know but love the 409 and my first car was a 55 Chevy 210 so we'll see. I once has a 33 Plymouth that I wanted to hot rod but needed money and sold it. If I can find it or one like it I'd be all over it.

Attachments

• IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2802.jpg
    IMG_2802.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2734.jpg
    IMG_2734.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3235.jpg
    IMG_3235.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3221.jpg
    IMG_3221.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5760.JPG
    IMG_5760.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3227.jpg
    IMG_3227.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 43

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to this great site 64ImpSS. Nice bunch of cars/trucks you have there. You should start a build thread so we can watch that 64 come together.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome to the site.Nice looking convertible,and it’s great that you know the history behind it.There aren’t many of these left.Good luck with the restoration.:good

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome 64ImpSS. :applJust what, does Semi-retired mean?:dunnoWith all those projects.:doh The 64 Conv. looks pretty good. I have one of those awaiting me, some day. :dunno2 Good Luck, with all your cars.:clap
I think I can clear this up for you Skippy. He had a big shop at his house that he had employees to help on customers restorations. So now he retires and let's his employees go. So he is working at his shop by himself ,maybe taking on a few jobs , (may be) to support his own restorations .That's the way I get it?????

64ImpSS

Well Known Member
I've been in the body shop business, insurance work, all my life and have done a lot of Corvette and restoration work a long time ago but let it go to focus on collision repair to pay the bills. Lost my wife to cancer 7 1/2 years ago and our 2 sons didn't want the business so I sold it a few years ago. I remarried almost 5 years ago, have rental property, livestock, my sons horse, cattle, farmland and numerous restoration projects. I don't do customer work anymore but still like working on cars and getting my hands in a bucket of paint. I hunt and fish, travel, enjoy riding my old Harleys, (64 Pan Head) and hack around at golf and volunteer for a variety of charities. I'm Catholic and 4th degree KofC. I enjoy looking at, driving, working on and talking classic cars. I consider myself semi retired and no longer have my business or employees but stay as busy as ever. I hope to meet and communicate with good, knowledgeable people on this site. That's about it. God has been very good to me.