64t-bolt

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
New guy here from KC area.. I race nostalgia drags. Have an FE powered model A, a 1960 falcon gasser, and I’m starting on a 1964 Belair superstocker.. it was a 283/glide car and I have a 1964 409 truck motor I’m building. I’ll pair it with a built glide that I have.
View attachment 87463
I just realized you bought this recently. I had my eye on it through facebook marketplace. Its going to be a fun car for sure.

64t-bolt

I just realized you bought this recently. I had my eye on it through facebook marketplace. Its going to be a fun car for sure.

yeah I bought it in ft worth. Took me awhile to find a rust free car. I wanted a Belair or biscayne as well. I also wanted a 64 so it would be the same year as my motor.

64t-bolt

Not sure how my other post on Fenton didn't go through. That is 4.5 hour drive if you pay tolls or 5 hours 15min if you don't. There has to be something closer in Missouri. Kansas City, Springfield, Columbia or Jefferson City? How is that part of the Mid-west a black hole for 348-409's?

I think everyone used Day automotive, as they’re renowned for W’s, but when I called they basically said they are trying to get out of the business, unless I misunderstood.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think everyone used Day automotive, as they’re renowned for W’s, but when I called they basically said they are trying to get out of the business, unless I misunderstood.
I know 3 older machinist that have retired and it would seem to be getting harder to find a good shop but I think Mid-States here knows how to work on them because people keep coming to them for builds. GRANTED, I have not seen a super exotic W motor build come out of there. I'm certain my 454 crank stuffed in a 348 was a first for them but they handled it like champs. I have yet to find one person have an issue with their work. They will tell you right up front if the parts or ideas you have wont work to so they won't build junk. Now I feel lucky to have them so close here in DSM too.