65 Chevy Stereo Multiplex Question

65Impala409

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to install the stereo multiplex to the AM/FM radio??? When I purchased my car these pieces were left in a box since an aftermarket stereo was put in. I was also wondering if anyone knows the proper positioning of this unit under the dash??? (lots of holes but not sure which ones are for this unit) Thank you for your help in advance....
Ned
65Impala409

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
The multiplex simply hooks up to the Factory AM/FM by plugging in the lead to the back of the radio.
There will be a small "thing a ma jig" that you have to unplug from your radio.
Usually has a small screw and tab holding it in
this is where the lead from the multiplex plugs in.
the multiplex is usually centered on the dash under the radio.
The multiplex unit I have is for my 66 Chevelle.
I have not installed my unit yet.
I am still trying to determine the correct location for the rear speakers in my convertible

65Impala409

Well Known Member
Thank you,

Do you think that means that this multiplex unit would attach just under the Heater controls? Any chance it would use the same screws that hold in the heater??? (I havent checked to see if that would match up or not yet) I wish I had some info to help you in the location of your speakers... Mine go in the package tray since they were still installed but all the wiring is missing for everything... They were dissconnected with a boom box on the back seat... (a very sad setup) I am assuming a convertible is different....(problem is I havent seen another car with this setup) Thanks again
Ned
65Impala409