`65 El Camino

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I`m starting on collecting parts info on changing my girlfriends `65 El Camino over to disc brakes.
I`m looking for what parts from what other year Chevys will work.
everything from the booster to the spindles are needed.

Hit me with your best shot !! ,,dq

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
There are so many kits available using brand new parts, it seems like a lot of work to find and buy used parts. But if you insist on hunting and gathering should be able to use all disk brake set ups from 67-72 Chevelle and A-body cousins (lemans, Skylark, Cutlass) 67 uses 4 piston calipers which I would avoid.
Auto City Classics here in Minnesota Sells complete kits for a very reasonable price.
give them a call 763-444-5880

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks drop, The reason I`m avoiding buying a kit is the price. I can gleen the hard parts like the spindles, backing plates and power unit then buy new master cly, rotors, calipers and lines.
Will the power boster from these years bolt up? ,,dq

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
DQ

The 69 to 72 Chevelle single piston spindles and brakes fit right on the car. It is best to grab the power booster, proportioning valve and master cylinder and convert to dual brake system. Watch the rod from the pedal to the booster there are a couple different lengths.

Bill

bobs409

Administrator
70-72 Monte Carlo's are a great donor car if you can find any. :brow (check 'em for 12 bolt rears while your there) ;)

Also, I believe some/most any A body GM cars of 69-72 would also be a swap over. Pontiac Lemans as an example.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks guys for the info !!
Headin to the salvage yards this weekend,, dq