65 Impala 409 on Hemmings

bobs409

Administrator
Oh hell, I'm going to link to it so you all can see it: :D

67338058-770-0@2X.jpg

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
Well, to me anyways, the write-up says something different than the photos do. and it's what's NOT said in the ad that made me call it a clone.
From the pics alone >>> Ignition ballast on the firewall is missing. Air cleaner belongs on a 400HP car. A/C compressor is not original A6, The brackets that hold it are reproduction pieces. Engine shot was taken at an angle to cleverly conceal the water pump pulley which is a very unique and a hard to find piece for factory '65 409 A/C car. I know, because I still have one sitting on my shelf. No mention or photo of the cowl data tag??
Wheel covers are incorrect for a 16437 Impala HT. The car is trying too hard to look like a drag car, which is wasn't that to begin with. Original owners scratched the fender on the garage entry so the old dog had to get sold?? That is just silly

Now more onto the ad... Seller says acquired from the ORIGINAL owners. OK, Any mention of authenticating ORIGINAL documentation?? Sales invoices, dealers papers, service records?? Protecto plate or whatever??? NO. Any data provided for what all these matching numbers are?? Block, heads, date codes, ect...??? NO.

Anyone wanting that much money for a "numbers matching" anything will IMMEDIATELY offer up all the evidence they have to back it up, If the car is the real deal.

Let's compare that to this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Chevr...156624?hash=item4446b6bad0:g:mw8AAOSwaZRdYK-U
Do I think that it's the real deal ??? YES!!!! If it wasn't US govt trash can tan but Artesian Turquoise with a white interior??? That puppy would soon be mine!

That's my opinion FWIW

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:yup:ty nuFF said! He must be a detective......lol. Someone's definitely hiding something under the rug!