65 impala body metal

Harry Vanderveen

looking for opinions on suppliers for quality rear quarter panels, outer wheel housings, front fender rear lower rear patch panels, trying to keep as much original sheet metal as possible, floors are solid and these are the week areas that need to be addressed. thanks

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Restoration World in Huber Heights Ohio. 1-937-236-5233. Ask for Eric. As for where you are don't know.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Dynacorn '63 and '64 full quarter panels are very nice. Fit really well. I don't know about the '65s but should be the same quality.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
These guys are here in Washington and I saw a add they ran last night saying they are having a blowout sale on new sheetmetal. You might give them a call and see what kind of a deal you can work. They also have original cars they can cut the parts off.
http://www.allamericanclassics.com

Harry Vanderveen

From all the research I have done on line this week, sorry to say only one source for sheet metal, the golden triangle stuff from Taiwan. spoke to one of the suplers this week and he said they where old stampings that were worn making the lines not real crisp! bumber!!!!!!!!!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
From all the research I have done on line this week, sorry to say only one source for sheet metal, the golden triangle stuff from Taiwan. spoke to one of the suplers this week and he said they where old stampings that were worn making the lines not real crisp! bumber!!!!!!!!!
That is the case with any of the aftermarket sheetmetal. Like I said earlier find yourself a good 4-door parts car. It will provide much more for your money and the parts will fit.

Harry Vanderveen

Ordered parts last week from Classic industries, its all about the same stuff from the same stampings, I was starting to feel like a dog chassin his tail ! So its getting new full rear panels, trunk drop off panels, outer wheel houses and front fender dog leg repair panels, will post more pics when the " Tin Man" does the chop, cut, rebuild!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Harry:

Glad to hear that the parts are on order :). Hope they meet your expectations.

Keep us posted and send along pics as you make progress.

Cheers!
TomK

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
These guys are here in Washington and I saw a add they ran last night saying they are having a blowout sale on new sheetmetal. You might give them a call and see what kind of a deal you can work. They also have original cars they can cut the parts off.
http://www.allamericanclassics.com
WOW, nice place Dan.:clap Walking around there, could keep a person busy, for a while.:dunno

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
I do like the 4-door donor car idea myself. In fact, I did just that not long ago. Bought a 4-door sedan from Riverside. Harvested the parts that I wanted off of it, kept the 283 and sold off the chassis. That worked out just fine. As far as the dynacorn parts, Those have gotten way better than they used to be. Bought a new '65 hood, was totally pleased with that !!!!!

Harry Vanderveen

missing a front lh lower return panel , I have stared at this Barrett Jackson pick I found sin113226_Front_3-4_Web[1].jpg 113226_Front_3-4_Web[1].jpg ce yesterday. evening orchid I believe but no info on this web post comments?

Harry Vanderveen

A little progress with the back half of the car, the quarter panels are butt welded in with the new outer wheel houses in place as well as replacing trunk drop offs. The interior of the wheel house area was epoxy primered to seal that area from rust , next is glass filling the seams of the panels and sealing and cleaning up the roof area that had some pitting from a vinyl roof that was installed at some point, not sure if it came from the factory with it as I do not have the build sheet for it. 409 is tucked away that I got from Tom K safe and sound in Picton Ontario for a little later on when I separate the body from the frame to do a dry fit the engine/trans. before I strip the frame and have the engine resealed and get the linkage for the carbs figured out before next year. Hopefully the exchange rate gets better before I have to get more parts. Cheers Harry PS, god bless Andy of Mayberry!

Attachments

• IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG