65 Impala FAN?

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My new ride is a 65 Impala Wagon with factory 396 with A/C, one of the few parts missing is the original fan, it that fan a clutch fan or non clutch? and does any have a picture of what it shoud look like. Thanks in advance

Kevin

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
with air.....

AC cars had a clutch fan. Not sure if they were thermal or just fluid. I might have the fan clutch from my 66 wagon in the garage, not sure if it is an original or replacement. I will check when I get home.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Fan is no more, sorry

Must have sold it at one of the last swaps. Should be easy to get at a swap.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It could be easy if I knew what it looked like:dunno. I have been fo many years focused on 348/409 stuff and 59-62 chevs that it comes easy when you run across something at a swap meet. This 65 Wagon BB is totally new to me:eek: Thanks again for trying.

Kevin

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
From the research I have done, the part number is 3814137

Here is a pic of it...

yb.dll

Fan Clutch

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Brian, it looks much like the 409 clutch correct? Is the fan 5 blade, any info on that?

Kevin

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Kevin..........basically the 5-blade fan and clutch are the same from 61-67. Just take the one off your 409...........put it on the wagon..........use the wagon to haul your 409 to the race track.........put the fan and clutch back on the 409.............run the snot out of the 409...........take the fan and...............well, you get the idea!!!!:brow:brow

Let us all know what track you go to!!!

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Rockfish you are the guy that is quite knowledgable about the 65 model year, I think from what I have seen in the past, send me a PM I would like to talk you if possible.

Thanks Phil, can always count on you for knowledge and a good laugh to boot.

Kevin

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Phil; What would you rather do. Swap clutch fans, back and forth, or ride your Harley?:dunno Of course. :clap:clap

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Kevin..........basically the 5-blade fan and clutch are the same from 61-67. Just take the one off your 409...........put it on the wagon..........use the wagon to haul your 409 to the race track.........put the fan and clutch back on the 409.............run the snot out of the 409...........take the fan and...............well, you get the idea!!!!:brow:brow

Let us all know what track you go to!!!

Awh, Phil,,,No need to do all that work,,
Just race that `09 without any fan,, Shoot,, it`s only a 1/4 mile !!:roll