'65 SS 409

RED65

Well Known Member
I have seen this before. Sold at Barrett Jackson a number of years ago for 77,000.00 and they had it on Auto trader classics for $125,000.00.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I'd love it pretty much as is,just change it from the ' Glide to either a 2004r or a 700r4 for a great cruiser. If it used much oil,a few internal upgrades,and have an awesome cruiser!:love

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Pontiac called that color Iris Mist. It was an extra 50 bucks or something like that. One of my favorite colors.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Seeing that color really ticks me off,,,,, at myself. 1987 , I could have bought a '65 SS that color for $1.300. 409-400-4sp. Way too much for me, I wanted the engine but the car needed full restoration and I didn't want to mess with it, STUPID ME !!!!! You guys might remember the huge wrecking yard in Denton, Tx that has received a lot of attention in the last few years. In 1987 the present owner was located in Lewisville, Tx and that is where I saw the car. Brian Thompson became good friends with the owner about 4 or 5 years ago and tried and tried to buy the 65 but the owner would not sell, even to Brian.

Last edited:

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Correct me if I'm wrong but when did the 65 ss come with rocker mouldings? I have owned about 50 of these things and not once have I had a factory ss with the plain impala mouldings. Maybe I'm being too picky as this is still a beautiful car and would love to have it.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
My 65 Impala has the rocker moldings and also the lower quarter molding never saw an SS with the rocker moldings, possibly an option :dunno

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Evening Orchid Butch
Phil , My parts book lists a 1957 color as "DUSK PEARL "Duco paint # 887-90354 My 57 4 door sport sedan parts car was originally that color Dusk Pearl / India Ivory
I think the 65 Paint that color was "Evening Orchid "
So I guess we are BOTH right. !:D:pop
:crazy:cheers

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That is beautiful :love Yes one year color and it only came with black or white / black interior.
Never saw a SS with ANY rocker trim. small or large. That one only has half. The back is missing. Dealer book doesn't have a tri horn listed.

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
any one remember the danube blue Biscayne 400/409. I was on it when it sold on ebay before restoration. Wish I had more money then:(

chevy1.jpg

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I looked at a car like that in IL that was on Ebay. If I wasn't married, I would have mortgaged the house and be driving it now.