65 vanity mirror - original or aftermarket?

bobs409

Administrator
I found this vanity mirror in a 65 Impala SS and was wondering if anyone here knew if it's an original or just a store bought add on? All the originals I've seen had two prongs and they snapped onto the visor, this one has clips that slide over the visor.

The back is gray painted metal and this measures 9 3/4" X 3 7/8". (larger than the other type I mentioned above)

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Attachments

• vanity.jpg
    vanity.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 42

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Mirror:

BOB; Your mirror is similar to my 64 Impala mirror. My mirror is 3 5/8 x 9 1/2 in. On the glass side. it has Travel Record ( three squares) on the left. And Service Record, on the right. I know this doesn't answer your question, but my mirror slides over the visor also. Skip :)

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I thought the Vanity mirrors from GM were attached to the visor.
(not a clip on), but I could be way off on this one. :dunno

bobs409

Administrator
I agree but since it's made so much like those clip on's, it's making me wonder if it's not original. :dunno

It has the same metal type backing with the same silver coloring. If it's an aftermarket part, it has to be 1960's at least! They don't make things out of metal anymore. :evil

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks Skip. This one doesn't have the squares you mentioned. Too bad the edges of the mirror are stained but it looks like it could be easily replaced anyway.

Bob

BOB; Your mirror is similar to my 64 Impala mirror. My mirror is 3 5/8 x 9 1/2 in. On the glass side. it has Travel Record ( three squares) on the left. And Service Record, on the right. I know this doesn't answer your question, but my mirror slides over the visor also. Skip :)