69 C10 stepside cab R&R and the last resto (for this one)

bobs409

Administrator
It's back among the living! Had a HELL of a time getting it started. The damn distributor had 1/4" of water in it! :angry Runs strong now!

Up next is the hood and door weatherstrips and all that's left will be the windshield, cowl panel, glove box, door sills, radio.... (send prayers for the new windshield install) :pray

DSCN2725.jpgDSCN2727.jpgDSCN2728.jpgDSCN2732.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
I'm very happy to report that (1) windshield has been successfully installed by yours truly. Nerve racking :confused but rewarding now that it's over. :bow

These truck windshield are known to be difficult due to the sharp corners at the top. Therefore, I installed it top first. Being a one man band made it even more fun. :scared This was my first time installing a windshield in this type truck. I did the back ones about 4-5 times so far, they are less scary, harder to break. :D

Also, I just got back from it's maiden voyage and it was awesome! Truck feels so much better! (I think it got faster!) A solid ride with no squeaks and looking thru the new windshield is SO NICE! (nothing like a new windshield!) Now how long until somebody gives me the first chip??? :waiting1:

Well, just a few more trinkets to go back on and I can stick a fork in this job.

bobs409

Administrator
Move over Rover! Today the C10 is introduced to it's new home. :D Had the wrecker out for a little spin and to move it the other "bay".

The C10 and C30 (Custom 30 actually) will be bunking together. Now that it's garaged, I am going to see if I can get it on my Hagerty policy. I currently only have liability with All state. I hope they will accept it with a primered hood but if not, I'll put it on after I paint the truck.

It's a tight fit! Once I clear all that stuff out from the left wall, I'll be able to move it over some. Last picture shows that I have a nice bit of room in the back of the trucks. That is great because I recently evicted my sand blaster and parts washer to this area and I can still access them.

It's not easy being poor. :p :D

DSCN2851.jpg
DSCN2850.jpg
DSCN2848.jpg
DSCN2853.jpg